Business Analyst at ESO
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:24 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, December 9, 2021
How You’ll Support Our Mission
Our vision is to provide our customers with meaning information that leads to actionable outcomes, improving community health and safety through the power of data. As a member of ESO’s product team, you will be collaborating with our prehospital, hospital, fire, and operational product domains, business stakeholders, subject matter experts, and engineers to provide and support customers with data product needs. The ideal candidate has a passion for data and learning new product technologies.
Reporting to the Product Manager of Data Science and APIs you will be part of our Product Strategy team.
What You’ll Be Doing - the day to day
You will be responsible for executing our data product strategy; requirements gathering and development. You know how to interpret a stakeholder need, translate it into data and technical reporting requirements. You consistently assess the value/why behind any action. You believe in our mission. You enjoy creative problem solving and learning new skills. You enjoy collaboration and getting first-hand feedback from cross-product domain owners.
· Interpret high level business and client requirements to create feature requirements, user stories, and relevant product backlog items which help solve some of the most exciting data centric problems for our clients
· Reiterate product vision and user research findings to our development team by highlighting proposed feature and their business and client value
· Collaboration with technology and product teams to identify needs and opportunities for improved data management and delivery
· Conducts root cause analysis on data issues throughout the life cycle of the data products and triages data issues reported by users in reporting production systems.
· Support your team to ensure that they have everything they need to size, accept and execute on work
· Help define releases as a collection of new/incremental features, architectural improvements, and allocations for technical debt.
· Produce required design specifications and data requirements. Provide technical leadership and architectural guidance and help customers go into production with quality technical solutions and implementations.
· Provide product subject matter expertise to ESO support and implementation staff to create a world class customer experience.
Who You Are - Some of the essential things required to be successful in the role:
· Strong experience in analytical, conceptual and technical problem-solving abilities.
· Understanding of data integration issues (validation and cleaning), familiarity with complex relational and transactional data and structures.
· Understand the client’s business requirements and project objectives for new APIs.
· Proven ability to multi-task and coordinate with multiple teams
· History of working closely with product and technology teams and ability to work collaboratively to get results
· Strong communication skills, both written and spoken
· Passionate for transforming data into meaningful information and actionable outcomes
Who You Are - the desirables (It’s a plus if you have):
None essential criteria including any education requirements should be included in this section
· Real life clinical or first responder experience
· Experience developing and/or implementing APIs and integration technologies in a SaaS environment
· Proficiency in SQL including complex queries and schema development
Benefits & Perks
ESO offers a comprehensive suite of benefits to promote health and financial security for our employees and their families. For full-time employment you this includes:
- Competitive health plans (medical, dental, & vision insurance)
- PTO (starting at 20 days) & 12 company holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- Telemedicine service provided by ESO
- Savings accounts (FSA, HSA, DCA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Annual health and wellness reimbursement
- Peace of mind benefits such as life insurance, disability insurance, and worksite benefits
- Paid parental leave, new child program, & flexible parental return-to-work options
- Casual office environments and unlimited office snacks and drinks
ESO is a fast-paced, growing data, technology, and research company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We pioneer innovative, user-friendly software to meet the changing needs of today’s EMS agencies, fire departments, and hospitals. We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great place to work. We serve thousands of customers out of our offices across the US, Canada and Northern Ireland.
Are you ready to Make a Difference? At ESO, we believe in bringing your true self to work every single day. If you don’t match all the qualifications on the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway! We are looking for passionate, innovative, and authentic people to help drive our mission.
In the spirit of ESO’s mission to “Improve Community Health and Safety through the Power of Data,” and in accordance with ESO’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, ESO requires all United States (US) employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, regardless of if you work remotely or in office unless a reasonable medical or religious accommodation is requested in a timely manner and approved. This policy will help safeguard the health of our employees and customers, as well as the community at large.
All offers are contingent upon a successful background check and compliance with ESO’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
ESO is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We invite you to consider opportunities at ESO regardless of your gender; gender identity; gender reassignment; age; religion; race; national origin; political affiliation; sexual orientation; disability; veteran status; or other non-merit factor.
Read Full Job Description