Ascension Seton is hiring a Business Development Analyst to work with our Accountable Care Org!
Experience & Skill Set
- Deep knowledge of standard methods for measuring health care utilization, spending, quality, and outcomes; risk adjustment; provider profiling; and related analytical tasks
- 5 years' experience writing SQL queries for reporting/analytics
- 5 years' experience working in data visualization tools, including a strong foundation in Tableau
- 5 years' experience working with clinical and claims data
- Solid understanding of foundational statistical concepts
- Intense attention to detail and data quality assurance
- Experience mentoring the work of less experienced analysts
- Able to effectively communicate highly technical information to numerous audiences, including management, the user community, and less-experienced staff
- Intellectual curiosity and motivation to work towards becoming a thought leader in areas of responsibility
- Experience working on an Agile team highly preferred
- Experience working in Jira and Confluence preferred
- Experience working with Cerner HealtheAnalytics preferred
- Bachelor's degree; preferably in Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, or other quantitative field
- Master's degree in related field preferred
What You Will Do
Prepare financial models and analysis reports to support business development recommendations.
- Analyzes detailed enrollment, claim, utilization and other health care related data to identify trends and anomalies, and to identify areas for improvement
- Drive development of more robust risk management analytics to support risk-based contracting
- Leverage predictive analytics to identify key trends and recommendations to stakeholders
- Make recommendations to management on new processes, tools and techniques, or development of new products and services
- Foster development of other subject-matter experts across the organization to be able to be more data-driven
- Deliver customer-focused, data driven insights to our stakeholders, identifying opportunities for performance improvement, providing actionable recommendations, and monitoring impact
- Strategize and collaborate with other internal departments across the enterprise to develop innovative solutions that support strategic business needs and growth initiatives
- Serve as customer-oriented subject matter expert in developing meaningful analytics and reporting tools to deliver effective value-based outcomes
- Conduct market analysis including profitability, volume, and demographic variables.
- Recommend processes for collecting relevant data and verifying accuracy.
- Serve as a resource to management on initiatives related to market intelligence strategies.
- Research and identify new data sources that support the development and analysis of emerging market opportunities.
- Prepare planning cycle documents in support of operations.
- Prepare and evaluate analytical due diligence and the supporting tools and metrics to ensure proper execution of the strategic business model.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, has provided thousands of associates and caregivers a rewarding career in healthcare since 1902. We strive to expand access to high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services for all. We operate more than 100 clinical locations in central Texas, including 3 teaching hospitals, Dell Seton Medical Center at the University of Texas, Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin and Dell Children's Medical Center, where candidates can find both career and clinical education opportunities. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, explore a career with us today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Seton is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.