Care.com is a consumer tech company with heart. We’re on a mission to solve a human challenge we all face: finding great care for the ones we love. We’re moms and dads and pet parents. We have parents and grandparents so we understand that everyone, at some point in their lives, could use a helping hand. Our culture and our products reflect that.
Here, entrepreneurs, self-starters, team players, and big thinkers unite behind a common cause. Here, we’re applying data analytics, AI and the latest technologies to solve universal problems and connect people in new ways. If you like having autonomy, if you thrive on collaboration and building new things, and if you’re all about using your talent for good, Care.com is the place for you.
What Your Days Will be Like:
The Business Intelligence Data Analyst II will be part of our centralized BI team at Care.com, which serves multiple departments and business units for their analytical and business intelligence needs. The team works closely with business and technical teams, overseeing data structures and quality while also ensuring that data is properly leveraged to inform business decisions.
The Senior Business Intelligence Data Analyst II will work with various departments across Care.com to understand their analytical questions, then collect, manipulate, and analyze data from different sources using a variety of techniques - ranging from simple data aggregation to complex data mining. S/he will interpret & present analytical results to different business stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of professional experience as a Business Intelligence Analyst and a degree in a quantitative field. S/he will enjoy working with data, demonstrate strong business judgment, and be able to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
What You'll Be Working On:
- Support the business on general analysis and strategic projects; meet with stakeholders to understand analytical needs and define metrics/KPIs/reports
- Ensure on-time & accurate delivery of regular KPIs, reports, and forecasts
- Perform data analysis on user behavior to inform product features
- Maintain deep and up-to-date knowledge of the data warehouse; troubleshoot data inconsistencies
- Translate business needs into analytical tasks, documenting & presenting results
- Build and maintain dashboards to track product usage and performance
- Interpret results using a variety of techniques, ranging from simple exploratory data analysis to statistical modeling
- Demonstrate a level of independence in driving analysis
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics or related field
- A minimum of 2+ years of professional work experience outside of academic schooling
- Analytically oriented with the ability to interpret trends and correlations
- Experience distilling complex thoughts and strategies into simple, actionable recommendations
- Strong knowledge of database & data warehousing concepts
- Experience writing complex SQL queries
- Knowledge of A/B testing and statistical principles (e.g. regression)
- Microsoft Excel proficiency, including pivot tables, lookup functions and charts
- Experience with Tableau or other reporting/BI tools
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines
For a list of our Perks + Benefits, click here!
**Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse and inclusive workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Care.com is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to [email protected]**
Available in more than 20 countries, Care.com is the world's leading platform for finding and managing high-quality family care. Care.com is designed to meet the evolving needs of today's families and caregivers, offering everything from household tax and payroll services and customized corporate benefits packages covering the care needs of working families, to innovating new ways for caregivers to be paid and obtain professional benefits. Since 2007, families have relied on Care.com's industry-leading products—from child and elder care to pet care and home care. Care.com is an IAC company (NASDAQ: IAC).