Business Intelligence Analyst - Operations at Babylon
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:27 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, August 31, 2021
We are looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst - Operations who will build the analytical and reporting infrastructure to enable us to understand and predict trends across our clinical products as we scale. This is not your typical Analyst role; dashboards, reports and analytical products will be used to deliver insight on tight operational timelines. You will develop a deep understanding of Babylon’s Clinical products to help drive your analytical solutions, and you must also be able to communicate the value of your work to different disciplines in order to embed your solutions in day-to-day product decisions.
You will work intimately across multiple product and technical teams in order to help us build the first digital general practice that can support millions of patients.
What will you do:
- Be the analytical powerhouse behind core product projects (from origination to implementation) and create the required models and analysis to drive initiatives
- Optimising our processes and programmes
- Cost and revenue optimisation
- Product and engineering changes
- Redefining the healthcare experience for our members
- Expanding our available offerings and services
- Deliver excellent member experiences for patients and clinical professionals and our partners in care
- Analyse and identify existing priority processes that need transforming or improvement, and then implement your findings
- Build the foundational processes that will enable us to scale nationally and continually optimise them for efficiency and experience
- Build reporting and analytical infrastructure in Tableau
- Build a gold-standard suite of reports and dashboards that will be used to power the Clinical business
- Mentor power business users on the use of Tableau to support self-service
- Help build and define the operations reporting and insights processes
- Create the optimal reporting structure by working closely with business leads and clinicians
- Develop a strong understanding of Babylon’s operations in order to define appropriate metrics and key success indicators
- Build clear and effective feedback loops to key areas of the business (including product, engineering, commercial, marketing etc.) to provide valuable operations insights
- Communicate insights and metrics to senior stakeholders and business partners on a regular basis
- Help build the foundational data infrastructure and analytics platform to assist data-driven teams within the product and across the company
- Work with development engineers to help build a data platform that is optimised for its end users
- Help drive a culture of strong analytics and data-driven thinking across the operations division
Who fits the role?
- 1+ years of business experience using SQL
- 1+ years of experience using Tableau to build reporting dashboards and analyse data
- Strong statistical understanding
- Strong work ethic
- Experience capturing and building analytical solutions to stakeholder requirements, across various levels of seniority and functions
- Strong presentation and communication skills, with experience working in multi-disciplinary teams
- You need to want to make a change now – this is less about creating an incredible strategy that will be implemented over the next 5 years, and more about processes that can change the business in the next 6 months.
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment and adopt a generalist do-what-it-takes mindset.
- Fundamentals in Python and R
- Experience working in a startup culture
- Numerical degree: Maths, Engineering, Science, Computer Science, Finance or related subjects
- Experience working on end-to-end, cross-functional analytics projects
- Experience building models and dashboards to tight timelines and embedding these in operations to inform real-time business decisions
What’s nice to have?
- Competitive compensation, including shares package
- 401k' with employer matching contribution
- Benefits include medical insurance, vision, dental coverage and PTO
- Dog-friendly office and a casual dress code
- Incredible growth opportunities with a global health-tech startup with a meaningful mission
WHAT WE OFFER
Whether you work in one of our amazing offices or a distributed team, Babylon is highly collaborative and fun! You’ll have a chance to work in a fast-paced environment with experienced industry leaders. We have a learning environment where you can make an impact.
WHO WE ARE
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant. To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us. We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
DIVERSITY AT BABYLON
We believe that difference inspires a better, healthier world. That’s why it’s at the heart of everything we do. From our people to our products, difference enriches every part of our business and creates a culture based on equality of opportunity, and in which all Babylonians can progress their careers. We’re committed to creating an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, pregnancy status, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Read Full Job Description