Business Intelligence Analyst at Expedia Group
Passionate about a rare opportunity to help craft the future of customer service in travel? Do you love data, technology, and analytics? We are looking for a hardworking, analytical, and technically skilled Business Intelligence Analyst to join our Global Customer Experience (CE) Analytics team in Austin. Our culture is one that strives to seek challenging problems through rigorous hypothesis-based testing, empowering people to ideate and build innovative solutions quickly.
You will work and partner with a team of skilled analytics and data science professionals who own how we architect, visualize, and interpret the data at the very core of how we improve the way we interact with our customers. You will partner with Engineering in designing, implementing, and operating a stable, scalable environment to flow information from the data warehouse into end-user facing reporting applications such as Tableau and Looker.
What are we looking for? You are highly analytical and inquisitive in nature, with a hunger for deep insights and love solving complex problems. You have experience turning data into insights through a variety of techniques and build the business relationships that enable you to see the big picture and advocate recommendations that will benefit Vrbo and our customers.What You’ll Do:
- You will partner with business stakeholders to collect and prioritize user stories for analysis and reporting, define operational reporting and data visualization needs, then plan, design, build, and handle deployment of self-service data visualization products in an Agile environment for CE.
- You will establish scalable, efficient, and automated processes for large-scale data reporting and analyses including ownership of defining and maintaining all business reporting metrics and the maintenance, accuracy, and enhancement of performance dashboards, reports, and data visuals.
- You will monitor the CE group’s key performance metrics, and quickly identify areas of concern, propose analyses and/or corrective actions.
- You will partner with the Engineering and Technology teams to ensure continuous improvement in data collection and underlying data systems to adequately support advancements in our data products and improve our insights.
- You will collaborate with CE Analytics and Data Science teams to ensure data is cleansed and surfaced for advanced analytical work required by those teams.
- You will collaborate with Technology, Engineering, Analytics, and Data Science teams globally to ensure standard methodologies and the adoption of business changes as a result of your work.
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field (e.g. Strategy, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics) and 4+ years of experience in data warehousing, visualization, or analytics, OR Master's degree in an analytical field (e.g. Strategy, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics) and 2+ years of experience in data warehousing, visualization, or analytics.
- 2+ years experience with SQL; 1+ years experience working in a Big Data stack preferred (Hive, Hadoop, Spark), and using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets.
- 2+ years experience with web analytics and visualization platforms preferred (i.e Google Analytics, Tableau, Looker).
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on Vrbo.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares. If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of VRBO and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.