Business Intelligence Engineer
We’re looking for a Business Intelligence Engineer to lead analytics projects from discovery and data validation to modeling, visualization, and insight. In this role, you’ll use your multitasking and collaboration skills to solve complex problems with company-wide impact. Procore is building a best in class enterprise SaaS ecosystem, and your work will help drive efficiency and strategic decision-making across the organization.
This position is based in our Austin, TX offices located at the heart of downtown. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with business groups to define and quantify metrics that enable tracking of performance goals
- Develop and maintain tables and data models in SQL, abstracting multiple sources and historical data across varied schemas to a format suitable for further analysis
- Design, build, and improve dashboards and reporting to provide business insight
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience related to data analysis and modeling complex raw data
- Advanced skill in SQL and Excel
- Proficiency in a business intelligence tool such as Looker or Tableau
- Strong data visualization skills and understanding of principles of visual design (e.g. Edward Tufte, Stephen Few)
- Ability to understand data models of core business systems
- Familiarity with version control (Git / Github)
- Ability to communicate complex technical topics cross-functionally with teams in Finance, Business Operations, and Engineering
- Experience with data analysis tools such as R, Python, Spark is a plus
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.