RigUp is changing the way work is done in the energy industry. Each one of our teams exists to move us closer to our north star -- “to empower the people who power the world.”
RigUp is hiring a Business Planning Analyst to support our midstream revenue vertical in our Austin office. Finding jobs for the men and women who power oil & gas is what motivates us. Your role on the midstream team is to make this business run as efficiently as possible by identifying and solutions for gaps in our current process that will drive future opportunities. You’ll work collaboratively with key internal stakeholders across several operational functions identifying inefficiencies across internal and external-processes, structuring, aggregating, and utilizing data to drive large business decisions, forecast, track and execute against key financial and operational goals, all with the sole-purpose of enabling revenue growth.
What you’ll be doing
- Enable the capture, structure, and ingestion of data across operational touch-points to inform decision making and product optimization
- Own E2E business tracking, reporting, and consolidation of operational activities for communication to upper management and board executives
- Partner with product to unlock key strategic value propositions for RigUpProject manage multiple high impact initiatives and hold yourself accountable for all decisions and results
What you should have
- 2+ years of experience working in high growth startup environments, consulting, i-banking, or corporate strategy with exposure to revenue and sales organizations
- Entrepreneur at heart, with a selfless ‘can do’ attitude
- Thrive in ambiguity and self-direct when necessary
- Synthesize large data sets and complex problems into actionable next steps
- You’re never satisfied with status quo, but obsessed with continual self, process and team improvement
- All decisions you make are for the benefit of the customer, and you do the right thing when nobody's watching
- Team player, and will prioritize business objectives over personal goals
- Obsess over data: how it is collected, where it is stored, how it is validated and how data stories are best told
- Synthesize complex topics into digestible formats for a multitude of audiences
- Advanced experience in spreadsheets, presentations, docs a must
- PostgreSQL experience preferred
- R, Python and other similar languages a plus
- MBA a plus but not required
- Knowledge of Oil & Gas a plus, but not required or preferred
RigUp is a technology company that's building a platform to better support the energy workforce. Through the industry’s largest marketplace, we’re improving the lives of contractors and helping service providers and operators find the people who will get the job done. Headquartered in Austin, TX, and backed by a16z, Founder’s Fund, Quantum Energy Partners, and Silicon Valley Bank, we’ve raised $423.8 Million in funding to support our mission to change the way work is done in the energy field.
Our goal is to make RigUp an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!