Business Systems Administrator
Business Systems Administrator
SpareFoot is looking for a Business Systems Administrator who will provide administration, development, automation, reporting, and interconnectivity of the SaaS solutions various teams across the business use day to day.
The Business Systems Administrator improves and enhances our business-critical, enterprise-wide information systems (Salesforce, Zendesk, Netsuite) and manages security and permissions to these systems. This role will be directly responsible for technical and administrative work associated with daily operations of our core business systems as well as cross-functional assistance on key projects with power-users and developers in other departments.
SpareFoot is a leader in the $38 billion dollar self-storage industry, offering consumers the ability to compare self-storage, truck rental and moving services on SpareFoot.com and SelfStorage.com. We are the largest marketplace for storage, making it easier to move and store your stuff. And, we are constantly innovating -- building new experiences across the spectrum of storage and moving services.
SpareFoot was recognized by Entrepreneur Magazine (2017) and the Austin American-Statesman (2016) for its exceptional company culture.
We’re funded by top investors (Silverton Partners, Floodgate and Insight Venture Partners), have an awesome team and revenue is growing fast.
What you will do everyday:
- Serve as primary Administrator of cross-functional systems (Salesforce, Zendesk, etc), including licensing, security, and permissions for user base as well as configuration of workflows, triggers, and reporting.
- Troubleshoot technical issues with supported systems and serve as the main point of contact between SpareFoot and application support teams (ZenDesk, Salesforce, Netsuite, Tableau, etc). Coordinate teams through to resolution.
- Provide technical expertise in identifying, evaluating, and configuring systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements.
- Monitor and execute on a prioritized list of initiatives for each supported department.
- Provide references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation; providing help desk support; training users.
- Recommend controls by identifying problems and writing improved procedures. Provide consultation to users as SaaS platforms subject matter expert.
- Provide access to data from these systems via reporting and raw data.
- Maintain technical documentation for all supported systems.
- May be a member of cross-functional teams to address business systems issues.
What you need to bring to the table:
- 3+ years CRM administration and/or development experience (Salesforce preferred) including gathering and documenting business requirements, designing and configuring forms, developing workflows, reports and dashboards, and troubleshooting application bugs
- SQL experience
- Systems integration experience (APIs)
- Advanced technical writing/documentation
- Ability to effectively train users
- Team collaboration and change management skills
- Ability to handle multiple and time-sensitive projects
- Excellent analytic, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to execute on project plans
- SFDC (SalesForce) Administration certification
- 5+ CRM administration
- Admin or Technical experience with other Enterprise platforms in use at SpareFoot (Netsuite, Zendesk, Tableau)