Business Systems Analyst, Master Data at Google
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience integrating third-party business applications.
- Experience in system development in one or more of the following: Master Data Services, Master Data Management (MDM), Master Data Governance (MDG), SAP, 4HANA.
- 10 years of experience with end to end solution design
- Experience working with third-party system APIs and web services.
- Experience in systems integration using message based middleware (e.g., Java Message Service).
About the job
At Google, we work at lightning speed. So when things get in the way of progress, the Business Systems Integration team steps in to remove those roadblocks. The team identifies time-consuming internal processes and then builds solutions that are reliable and scalable enough to work within the size and scope of the company. You listen to and translate Googler needs into high-level technical specifications, design and develop recommended systems and consult with Google executives to ensure smooth implementation. Whether battling large system processes or leveraging our homegrown suite of Google products for Googlers themselves, you help Googlers work faster and more efficiently.
Google Works is a team for Googlers by Googlers. Our internal products touch every employee’s life including Finance, People Operations, Marketing, Cloud, and more. We invest heavily in engineering excellence through our horizontal teams, such as Data Works, who are tasked with making it easier for Googlers to do self-service analytics and reporting. We foster a warm and inclusive environment and pride ourselves on helping one-another, crossing project or task boundaries to share advice and lessons learned.
As a Business Systems Analyst, you will help the Master Data Services team under Data Works manage Data Architecture, Data Engineering, and Reporting and Analytics technologies that empower our partners in Engineering and Business to deliver critical corporate functions.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Help deliver solutions to meet the data, reporting, and analytics needs of Googlers. Lead projects to drive data management and analytical solutions for our business partners across corporate functions and demonstrate an innovative, creative mindset.
- Lead data warehouse projects, including gathering requirements, performing analysis, solution design, and ensuring successful delivery of solution.
- Integrate third-party products into internal systems and support and upgrade implemented systems.
- Manage project and create SDLC artifacts as needed in order to meet deliverable commitments.
- Ensure quality of deliverable by taking end-to-end accountability including testing and ongoing production quality assurance.