Business Systems Analyst
LogicMonitor is the leading SaaS based performance monitoring platform for enterprise IT.
We love going to work and think you should too. We hold our company culture near and dear – it represents an intermix between passion for rock star work output and passion for an active, healthy life centered around family and friends. LogicMonitor represents community, collaboration and camaraderie.
Located in the 500 West 2nd Street tower, our brand-new Austin office is best-in-class! Be inspired with panoramic downtown & Lady Bird Lake views, where snacks are plentiful and team outings are common. Our offices are sprinkled around the globe, too, with a presence in Santa Barbara, Boston, New York City, London, Singapore, and Chengdu, China.
What You'll Do:
The Business Systems Analyst is responsible for making big data actionable by implementation and ongoing maintenance of LogicMonitor business systems which includes design, configuration, training, reporting, and support. You will work cross-functionally across LogicMonitor business units to ensure our systems are functioning as expected and implement functional improvements. You will be responsible for security, facilitating system upgrades, communication about system stability and improvements, and maintaining updated documentation on the business systems. You will also manage and monitor integrations between business systems and be part of larger integration activities.
Here's a closer look at the duties in this key role:
- Manage and support business processes via system automation
- Document business system’s data dimensions and measures to be used for internal transparency
- Provide day-to-day end user support and deliver end user training where needed
- Research and take action on the efficiency of MySQL ingestion into our data warehouse
- Develop and maintain usage reporting for internal departmental stakeholders
- Ensure integrations between systems are working as expected and resolve any errors
- Develop and provide reporting from systems when requested, train others on reporting
- Establish and implement best practices with regards to system maintenance, security, release management, improvements, data integrity, duplicates, backups, etc.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or quantitative field (e.g. Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science) or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years of SQL experience in the data analytics space
- Experience optimizing database/query performance
- Experience with business visualization tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau, Microsoft PowerBI) and data warehousing
- Experience with data management, transformation, cleaning, and de-duplication
- Proficiency with a scripting language (e.g. Python, R, Perl, bash) is a huge plus
- Experience with the AWS or Google Cloud ecosystem (BigQuery, Redshift) is a plus
- Proven track record of having implemented, enhanced and supported enterprise class financial systems - which includes planning, analysis and design, configuration, development, data migrations, system testing, cutover plan, and production support