Chargeback Analyst at LegalZoom
LegalZoom.com, Inc. is an online legal technology company. LegalZoom provides legal solutions in various common categories including copyrights, DBAs, divorce, business formation, trusts, wills, name changes, patents, power of attorney, pre-nuptial agreements, real estate leases, trademark registration. The company also provides a directory of attorneys as a certified California attorney referral service and offers flat fee legal plans with member-reviewed attorneys.
This role will report into Director, Billing & Payment Operations of Legalzoom, Inc.
The Chargeback analyst will investigate disputed credit and/or debit card transactions and then take suitable action to resolve those disputes, including processing refunds and/or debits to cardholders or merchants. The work involves researching credit and/or debit card transactions and determining if purchases actually occurred. Chargeback analyst must then communicate their findings to consumers and merchants, via WorldPay platform. Also, must be on the lookout for fraud and report any suspected cases to the appropriate department within the company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Generate reports detailing accounts receivable status to Accounting Manager on a weekly basis.
- Assist in A/R payment application by reconciling the customer ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Research/verify discrepancies and resolve customers billing issues.
- Handle and verify chargeback, unidentified payment (UD) promptly
- Validate chargeback and resolve any internal error/non-compliance issue.
- Generate & analyze report to reconcile the deduction taken pertaining to Sales Discount & Allowance
- Dispute invalid chargeback immediately
- Follow up open/pending Chargebacks aggressively and update the log to keep track of the status for management review.
- Pursue payment negotiation for valid chargeback payback
- Research UPS/FedEx/Local Freight for verification of shipment.
- Update management the overall pending claim status.
- Improve dispute process and procedures to meet compliance goals and better serve our customers
- Keeping up with payment industry rules & regulations
- Providing recommendations to improve inefficiencies
- 3-5 years of experience in high volume dispute resolution
- Minimum of 2 years experience managing people
- Experience with chargebacks, disputes, and financial recoveries preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to define problems, organize and collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Strong spreadsheet skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Heavy reconciliation is a plus
- Experience with WorldPay, Verifi & Ethoca is a plus
Work is primarily performed in a typical business office environment setting using standard office equipment. Occasional travel may be required.