Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
The Metagenomics Team at Invitae is building a broad suite of clinical infectious disease and microbiome diagnostic products. We are using novel technologies to develop assays capable of rapidly identifying pathogens, characterizing antimicrobial resistance, determining host response to various pathogens, individual risk stratification and susceptibility, and genome surveillance efforts for public health monitoring.
We’re looking for an extraordinary Clinical Scientist and subject matter expert who has an “anything is possible” mindset to join our product development team and play a hands-on role in helping develop and execute our roadmap for infectious disease and microbiome diagnostics from proof of concept to clinical products.
What you’ll do:
- Provide scientific, clinical, and technical leadership and act as subject matter expert for microbial genetics diagnostics
- Help build the strategic roadmap for infectious disease at Invitae by keeping abreast of changes in medical care, scientific advances, regulatory, new technologies and other companies
- Identify new opportunities and areas of unmet clinical needs to help guide product decision-making
- Develop and curate genetic content for a broad range of pathogens and microbiome applications in support of new initiatives relevant to clinical testing
- Work collaboratively with an team of assay development scientists, bioinformaticians, and engineers to ensure effective implementation of team objectives
What you bring:
- A PhD or equivalent with 3+ years experience in infectious disease, microbiology, molecular biology, virology, biochemistry, genetics, or a related field with a focus on microbial genomics
- 2+ years of experience in industry or clinical setting
- Deep understanding of clinical testing landscape for microbial genetics
- Proven expertise in microbial genetics, as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications, conference posters/talks, published patents, or launched products
At Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. Our teams thrive in our dynamic organization, which has been designed to empower them to make the biggest impact they can for our patients. We give our employees the ability to explore interests and capabilities broadly within the organization. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility. We also provide excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we’re changing healthcare to change lives. Join us.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.