Cart.com is an ecommerce software and services company on a mission to democratize ecommerce and give digital merchants the freedom to grow. We are integrating all the pieces of the ecommerce value chain brands need to thrive, creating a truly end-to-end Ecommerce-as-a-Service platform that helps third party brands move faster, grow more quickly, and deliver on their promises more completely.
As a Cloud Solutions Architect at Cart.com, with a thorough understanding of cloud technologies, you will help to deploy Big Data solutions, build and manage data pipelines, ETL processes, and cloud data migrations in a production, secure, and scalable manner for the clients. The architect will partner with the four teams within our Data Science department and their stakeholders internally and externally. Our architect will be a systems specialist with strong experience creating cloud-based infrastructure for data teams, gathering and evaluating the business requirements for said architecture, and build out our robust data pipelines, anticipate potential ways of data cleansing and data lake or data warehousing, as well as monitor data processing systems, and deal with large and various sets of structured and unstructured data. The architect will have experience ingesting real-time data from various data sources and designing self-service reporting platforms.
- Gather the requirements from our internal engineers and stakeholders to ensure we have the proper infrastructure in place.
- Design and build data pipelines using cloud platforms (GCP, AWS, Snowflake, etc.)
- Manage and provision the cloud solution infrastructure
- Design for data security and compliance
- Manage and automate ETL and cloud deployment implementations
- Ensure solution and operations reliability
- Collaborate with consultants, analytics, engineers, and data science teams on architecting and developing simple to complex data integration strategies using a variety of methodologies
- Design and implement big data and data warehousing solutions with clients’ corresponding data governance processes.
- Ability to manage Cloud databases
- Play a pivotal role in the development of the data architecture and data engineering practices at Cart.com.
- Provide domain expertise around public cloud and enterprise technology
- 5+ years of experience in the end-to-end life cycle of data products in a distributed environment
- 3+ years of experience as Cloud Architect, Data Engineer, or Systems Engineer in GCP. However, AWS or Azure can also be applicable
- Demonstrable deep knowledge and experience in cloud migration, cloud strategy and transformation (using SQL, Python/R), cloud architecture, and engineering
- Expertise in GCP products and Libraries: BigQuery / Data Studio / PubSub/ Dataflow/ Cloud Logging and Monitoring.
- Experience with Kubernetes and/or Docker
- Exposure to Databricks/Spark/Snowflake
- Understanding of the high-level levers for cost-effective cloud delivery
- Deep understanding of data governance and privacy concerns
- Technical depth and hands-on experience with ETL pipelines using SQL (e.g. Big Query SQL, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.), orchestration tools (apache beam, airflow), etc.
- Strong problem solving or analytics experience
Nice to Have:
- Any certifications around Data Engineering, Big Data, and Machine Learning with GCP Specialization
- Exposure to Snowflake also a plus
- Familiarity with eCommerce platforms (Magento, Shopify, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, etc.)
- Knowledge of/exposure to Adobe Analytics / Google Analytics
- Knowledge of enterprise computer networks and VPC networks
- Experience working with a variety of clients, multiple verticals, and different approaches to solutions and data
OUR CORE VALUES:
These aren’t just buried somewhere in an employee manual. We live and breathe them. They are on the walls and live in our hearts. They come up constantly in conversations and actions. They govern the decisions of the newest hire all the way up to our CEO:
WE ARE OBSESSED WITH BRANDS
We live for brands and are fanatical about their success.
WE THINK BEYOND THE BOX
We explore new ideas and discover creative solutions. We think openly about how to serve brands and solve problems.
WE DON'T GIVE UP
No one expected this to be easy. We are resilient— we dig in and keep going.
WE SPEAK UP
Every person here has an obligation to question norms, voice concerns, and offer their perspective.
WE WORK TOGETHER
We work with integrity and respect, ask for help, and extend the same help to others.
WE ARE HUMAN
Our people are our biggest strength. We have fun and make real connections with one another and with the brands we serve.
Cart.com is deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to identify and onboard people from all walks of life. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.