Invitae is searching for a Senior Compensation Analyst to join our rapidly growing team. Join us as we build innovative and creative solutions! You'll serve as a key member of the broader Talent Operations team and interact regularly with the Talent Acquisition team and business leaders. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic compensation professional with a knack for getting things done. We'll need you to have both strategic and hands-on experience, as well as a mix of entrepreneurial and large high-growth company experience.
The Senior Compensation Analyst will play a key role in the establishment and execution of Invitae’s compensation strategy in support of current business needs, while enabling scalability for growth. This position serves as the internal subject matter expert regarding global compensation programs and will work closely with the Total Rewards team to ensure Invitae provides a competitive and equitable compensation program that enables the company to attract and retain high caliber team members. The ideal candidate is analytical, organized, and demonstrates a passion for data. You must be comfortable developing recommendations and communicating in a consultative manner to the organization.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Evaluate current compensation practices; recommend and establish overall compensation program architecture.
- In partnership with the Lead, establish compensation program processes including merit, promotions, market increases, etc.
- Use expert analytical skills combined with strong interpersonal skills to present compensation recommendations and programs to stakeholders in all parts of the business
- Partner with department leaders, People Business Partners and recruiters to address compensation related matters such as offers, promotions, and internal transfers
- Assist in the administration of the quarterly review cycles
- Stay up-to-date with applicable employment-related federal and state statutory requirements regarding employee pay
- Oversee the submission of data for participation in annual compensation surveys
- Analyze market data to evaluate the competitiveness of our compensation programs while ensuring accurate job leveling and mapping
- Collaborate with the team lead to develop new compensation program initiatives or improve current processes and then assist in driving the change management and communication efforts associated with implementation
- Assist with preparing materials for BOD meetings and monitoring the administration of the equity program
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- 5+ years of experience in a lead compensation role in a publicly traded company
- Previous experience serving in a global compensation capacity
- Advanced Excel skills, including experience with vlookups, pivot tables, array formulas
- Excellent analytical skills, familiarity with broader underlying concepts, and ability to communicate persuasively with business partners to resolve highly complex problems and recommend or produce the best solutions for their teams
- Can work successfully both independently and within a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and utilize appropriate tact and professionalism
- Previous experience working in Google suite of services
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.