Computational Disinformation Analyst
New Knowledge is looking for a Computational Disinformation Analyst with a background in data science or statistics, and open-source research who can identify patterns of online disinformation.
New Knowledge is on a mission to defend public discourse. We build products that repair online communities, identify manipulation, and help them communicate more authentically. In a world where social media is being manipulated on a massive scale, this is no small task. We care about protecting communities, brands, and companies from being targeted by the spreading of disinformation. The kind of people who work with us have to be passionate about that challenge and mission.
We help companies understand and defend themselves against online disinformation. Day-to-day you'll work with a rapidly growing team of intelligence analysts and machine learning experts. You'll conduct investigations, analyze data, and produce reports about your analysis for executives, government partners, and journalists. Collaborating will be huge, and there's a lot to do - there's no shortage of exciting work.
You're looking for a team where you can drive decisions, be challenged and investigate complex problems. You want to collaborate with smart, creative, and energetic people. You're comfortable with being uncomfortable. You look for projects where you can learn new technologies and techniques. You're comfortable working with data, synthesizing information from a variety of sources, and communicating your findings to decision makers. If this sounds like you, you sound like someone we want on our team.
- Strong communication and writing ability
- Ability to evaluate difficult situations with an unbiased and analytical mindset
- A strong moral code
- Skills and personality to operate effectively in a very fast-paced, complex business
- Comfortable independently learning things you haven't done before
- Enjoys working as part of a team or on your own
- Previous experience investigating online disinformation is preferred, but not required
- Deepen our culture of data driven decision making
- Perform analyses on large sets of data to extract actionable insights that will help drive decisions across the business
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of analysts, product managers, marketers, designers, and account managers
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders at the Executive level
- Lead our strategy for building and managing data sets to inform our strategic plans
- Ensure reliable access to high quality data through reports
- Fortune 500 level company healthcare plans, vision and dental
- 401(k) plus a 4% company match
- Unlimited vacation
- Stock options
- Free parking in our downtown office
- Membership to onsite gym and pool
- $2,000 annual gadget policy to buy tech tools, from a computer to headphones to iPads, anything you need to do your job. You own these gadgets (not the company)
- Annual budget to purchase books and literature subscriptions
- Weekly catered lunches
- Stocked kitchen full of healthy snacks and an endless supply of bubbly water
- Bi-monthly office events like happy hours, Alamo Drafthouse movies, escape rooms, stand up paddleboarding
- And most importantly, meaningful work. We all love coming to work everyday and making a difference to make this world a better place