Corp Comms & Analyst Relations Manager at SailPoint
Corp Comms & Analyst Relations Manager *Remote - US only*
Influencing the influencers is the name of the game with this role. We’re looking for someone to help drive our industry analyst relations and influencer relations program as part of the corporate communications team at SailPoint.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to shape industry analysts’ perspective of SailPoint. We are recognized by leading analyst firms as the leader in identity security, a position that has taken years to build and maintain. Your role is to ensure we remain highly visible with this important audience, prominently placed in industry analyst reports and that our stature as industry leader remains intact. In addition to industry analysts, you’ll also work closely with social media influencers, helping to keep SailPoint’s voice loud and clear on key identity and cybersecurity topics that matter to our customers and prospects.
As part of the corporate communications team, a secondary focus for you will be around feeding our thought leadership content pipeline. If you love to write, this part of the job will give you plenty of opportunity to leverage your writing chops. You’ll work closely with our PR manager to create new and compelling content on behalf of our leadership team and subject matter experts. This will require you to be able to write from a technical perspective but without boring our audience – conversational yet still business-oriented writing skills are important to our brand voice and critical to the success of this role.
The SailPoint Crew corporate communications team is known for being efficient, effective and impactful. The right person for this job will need to be quick on their feet, able to shift gears swiftly but effectively, and bring a high level of passion and enthusiasm for keeping and elevating SailPoint as the identity security leader.
- Build and execute regular cadence of engagement opportunities with industry analysts, ensuring they are always up-to-speed on the latest innovations coming from SailPoint, and importantly, that these analysts understand our vision and direction for identity security in the months and years ahead
- Track and identify key industry analyst reports that SailPoint should participate in and influence, building a plan for active engagement with report authors in and around the report, as needed
- Manage major industry analyst report requests (i.e. Forrester Wave, KuppingerCole Leadership Compass reports, Gartner Market Guide/Magic Quadrant, etc.), acting as project manager across key stakeholders, ensuring all content and data requests are compiled and presented back to analysts ahead of critical deadlines and milestones
- Help to prepare subject matter experts ahead of industry analyst briefings, scheduling prep calls, pulling together backgrounders and working with the Sr. Director of Corp Comms to ensure the right message for each analyst engagement is consistent, strong and compelling
- Create 1:1 relationships with industry analysts as one of their key touchpoints within the company, answering questions that they have, regularly checking in on relevant reports we may be able to support with data, customer reference requests, etc., and generally being the SailPoint resource they need
- Work closely with our external PR agency to execute on our social influencer relations program each quarter. This includes identifying subject matter experts to pair with social influencers for various opportunities and working closely with our Social Media Manager on any social media activations.
- Working with PR manager, develop steady cadence of blogs and articles on behalf of specific leadership and/or subject matter experts to keep their thought leadership profiles active and highly visible
- Align with PR to ensure tight coordination around important company and product launches and other PR-driven efforts that require industry analyst support and buy-in ahead of and around these launches.
The ideal candidate will be a passionate communicator as well as a self-starter who is ready to make an immediate and ongoing impact as part of the team. We’re looking for someone who is hungry, humble and smart!
- Demonstrated experience executing industry analyst relations and/or influencer relations programs (or comparable programs)
- Outstanding attention to detail and project management skills – this job requires pivoting between multiple priorities and projects without missing a beat
- Strong judgment and the ability to respond quickly, yet thoughtfully, to evolving analyst relations requests and report requirements
- Ability to work with and manage projects with a variety of key stakeholders across the business – from marketing, to product management and executive leadership
- Experience working with leadership and subject matter experts on ghost-written content
- Familiarity working with an external PR agency a plus
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written (writing samples required); video experience is a plus (shooting, editing, promoting)
- 5-7+ years of experience in social media, AR/PR or communications, preferably in B2B technology
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing or related field required