INNOVATIVE | STRATEGIC | CONSULTATIVE
A Cloud Guru’s mission is to teach the world to cloud. The Corporate Strategy Director will play a pivotal role in enabling that mission by identifying trends in the public cloud market and driving ACG to meet the evolving training needs of our customers. The public cloud market is changing with incredible velocity and the Corporate Strategy Director will work closely with the COO and senior management to evaluate this quickly evolving landscape. As the world’s leading provider of online cloud training, A Cloud Guru constantly develops and updates its training to account for new technologies and services. The Corporate Strategy Director will work with senior leadership to enable ACG to build training for the cloud of tomorrow.Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
We're on a mission to teach the WORLD to cloud. A Cloud Guru is the largest online cloud school on the planet. Our training feels more like logging into Netflix or Spotify - it's entertaining and playful. The people are the #1 reason employees say they stay at ACG. We’re a quirky, tight-knit crew that cares about our customers and each other. No egos here. Our leaders encourage thoughtfulness, compassion, being humble, and we have a bit of fun along the way.
It’s an exciting time to join the team, because we’re in a really unique space. We have an amazing product that people want, and we're in an industry that's tripling in size overnight.
You need hunger and passion to succeed, but you also need humility. It's not about chest beating here. It's about collaboration. –Travis, VP of SalesAs the Corporate Strategy Director at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Define and steward long term strategy, including market sensing and competitive strategy
- Drive high-impact problem solving and analysis for some of ACG’s most critical questions
- Maintain crisp view of broader market segmentation, geographic footprint, and and global positioning
- Build relationships with key third parties including industry research analysts and leading industry publications
- Monitor competitive changes and opportunities for ACG to expand into new and existing verticals within our addressable market
- Provide leadership in the development of both overall corporate level business strategy, and specific recommendations to execute through M&A, strategic investments, joint ventures, and partnerships
We are looking for someone who can:
- Develop market intelligence and insight on key industry trends (technology, IP, competitors, consumers, regulatory, etc.) and their strategic implications to ACG
- Prepare and present strategic plans and opportunities to senior management
- Assist in live M&A execution and business development activities as a subject matter and industry expert
- Surface potential strategic vendors with whom we could form key partnerships. Shepherd those discussions to completion or handoff
We focus on hiring values aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-confidence plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. College degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- 5+ years of experience in a top-tier management consulting program, or equivalent market research / due diligence capabilities
- Experience working in SaaS with Edtech a plus
- Enthusiastic, self-confident, humble, exceptional work ethic, and intellectually curious to challenge, debate and clarify assumptions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including sharing ideas and information across diverse audiences and making presentations in order to drive business decisions
- Confident analysis: track record of delivering results in complex and ambiguous project efforts
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build relationships across the business to partner on key initiatives and build buy-in on processes and strategies
Where you work isn’t just a career decision -- it’s a life decision. We get it. That’s why we want all of our Gurus to feel a sense of belonging that comes from feeling supported in all areas of their lives. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- 4 weeks PTO, plus 10 sick days, and holidays. Whether it's hiking to a waterfall in Costa Rica or bonding with your couch, we all need downtime. All Gurus get four weeks paid time off, 10 sick days, and enough holiday to make a banker blush.
- Let's get lunch. Lunches are catered three times per week, and our kitchen stays stocked with a smorgasbord of the team’s most requested snacks and drinks.
- Parking is on us. We have your Downtown parking covered. We offer paid garage parking nearby the office. We also have perks for going green by walking and taking public transit.
- We’ve got you covered. We offer insurance plans that pay for 100% of your medical, dental, and vision, and 80% for your family/dependents.
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave. Expanding your family? We offer 12 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave, and reimburse up to $10,000 for eligible adoption expenses.
- $1,000 continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 a quarter to spend on personal development, and 2 hours each week reserved for learning something new.
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. We want to be as transparent about the process as possible to help ease your mind. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a sidecar of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll schedule a Zoom call to meet other members of the team, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.