Data Analyst- Content Engagement and Growth at FloSports
FloSports, a leader and innovator in digital sports media, is looking to hire a Data Analyst, focused on content engagement and growth. We are looking for another team member to join our growing analytics team and help us increase the accessibility of information and serve as an advocate for the value of data across our organization. Leveraging our proprietary data warehouse, which resides on Snowflake, we work with the best business intelligence, customer data, and event-tracking tools.
With users engaging with us across seven different platforms, understanding our customers has never been more valuable to the company nor more interesting than it is right now. If you like challenging work within a fast-paced environment, love sports content, believe there is always a better way to do everything, and are passionate about making a real difference in company growth, we would love to speak with you.
- Collaborate with the content department to inform content engagement tactics, and strategies
- Analyze content performance against goals and make recommendations
- Outlines and owns engagement KPIs and engagement data strategy
- Deep understanding of business objectives, strategies, and competitive landscape
- Works alongside the content team to provide support during strategy, ideation, and execution
- Assess key organizational questions, outline a path to attack the question, conduct the analysis and clearly articulate findings to the data and content team
- Contribute to organization-wide data reporting with regular and ad hoc analyses, validations and visualizations
- Collaborate on business intelligence dashboards and reporting by writing logical and well-structured SQL queries
- Own critical analysis of KPIs, originate new metrics as you better understand the core business drivers, and perform statistical analyses as necessary to support your viewpoint
- Work cross-functionally at all organization levels to expand data familiarity, serving as an advocate and teaching less technical business users on how to glean insights
- 4-year degree with significant coursework in Business, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, or Computer Science
- 2+ years experience in quantitative engagement analytics, strategy, business reporting and/or business intelligence
- Direct-to-consumer OTT subscription content business experience
- Proven track record of intellectual curiosity and, ideally, voracious self-learner
- Expert level SQL (will be assessed in the interview process)
- Intermediate level Python or R
- Experience with business intelligence and reporting with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience translating technical analysis for a non-technical audience
- Logical fact patterns, strong analytical acumen and high attention to detail
- Comfort managing multiple ongoing projects of varying size and scope
- Preference for a fast-paced, high-demand work environment
WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 2006, FloSports is a venture-backed OTT subscription video streaming service dedicated to sports, offering live and on-demand access to hundreds of thousands of competition events across 25+ sports in the US and abroad. FloSports’ vision is to finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. With a growing library of more than 300,000 hours of premium content including news, expert commentary, films, documentaries and more, FloSports has established itself as an innovator and leader in sports streaming. Finally, your sport has a home.
HOW WE DO IT:
We are the CEOs of our own work and are accountable for the tasks and responsibilities assigned to us. We take pride in creating the content that fans love. We row in the same direction and work together on our common vision. We build and strengthen our relationships through teamwork and respect. We embrace challenges, ask questions and are allowed to fail as long as we learn. We are passionate about building tribes and communities worth belonging to. We are innovative, curious, and have an appetite for making things better. Does this sound like you? Apply Today!
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- 401(K) company match
- Progressive parental leave policies
- Flexible paid vacation and work environment
- Free laundry service for all positions that require travel
- Bring your dog to work- everyday!
- Stocked snack bar, catered lunch and breakfast tacos every week
- Modern and collaborative office environment