Data Analyst - Lead 340B at Ascension
340B Drug Pricing Program Lead Data Analyst
- This is a fully remote role
- Monday - Friday (Day Schedule - Flexible 8 hours between 7AM - 6PM)
The division 340B Lead Data Analyst coordinates work activities to support and improve the ongoing daily operations of the 340B Program with covered entities or groups of covered entities within a Division(s) to assure an optimized and compliant program.
This position serves as the primary tactical program lead and liaison for all 340B-related matters within the division.
The scope of this position may extend across multiple divisions depending on number of covered entities and complexities.The division 340B Lead Data Analyst works closely with all members of the Division 340B Operations Team to assure that 340B vision and strategies are successfully implemented and sustained throughout the division.
The division 340B Lead Data Analyst assists the Division Director - Pharmacy 340B Program with all elements and components of the 340B program to ensure optimal compliance, quality, and operations at each covered entity within the division.
The Lead assists the covered entities in operationalizing improvements, expansions, implementations and in sustaining the 340B Program by working closely with individuals within each covered entity in the division(s), providing direct support to the covered entity when needed.The Lead will serve on various work groups, implementation teams, or other committees to improve and expand the 340B program.
This position works effectively with a variety of internal business functions outside pharmacy (supply chain, finance, legal, compliance, AIS, and advocacy) within the division and system as well as those outside Ascension (vendors, wholesalers, manufacturers, and contract pharmacies).
The division 340B Lead Data Analyst supports all facilities within the division(s) that participate in, or may be eligible to participate in, the 340B Drug Discount Program, including ambulatory, contract pharmacy, and specialty pharmacy areas.
This position will have a direct reporting relationship to the Division Director - Pharmacy 340B Program and close working relationship with all other 340B-related positions and work groups.
This position will assist with oversight activities of the Division 340B Operations Team that may include audit program specialists, and analytics support staff.
- This is a fully remote position
What You Will Do
Collect and analyze data from multiple sources for the development of reports and statistical information.
- Compile analytical and statistical reports as needed.
- Formulate, define and recommend scope and format of reports.
- Oversee provision of ad hoc management reports.
- Review information for accuracy and reconcile data on a regular basis.
- Provide support and education to staff on how to access reports and interpret the data.
- Identify data trends and makes recommendations for quality improvement.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
• Education: Bachelor's degree in a healthcare-related field, business management (finance, accounting), information technology or other field (required).
• Experience: Three years of significant Operational 340B Program experience (including both split-billing and contract pharmacy) required.
- Experience in data analysis and problem solving (required)
- Experience in leading successful multi-disciplinary teams (preferred)
- Project management experience (preferred)
- Clinical experience/background (preferred)
- CPT certification as a pharmacy technician and/or 340B Apexus Certification are preferred
- Possesses professional written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, processes and documents including financial reports, legal, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively and respond to sensitive inquiries or complaints from directors, managers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information and options, make recommendations, and create presentations.
- Ability to interpret reports, calculate figures and amounts such as profitability, discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Analyzes data, prepares reports, presentations, and projections as required.
- Determines root causes and feasibility of solution options. Makes recommendations to enhance and improve program, processes, procedures, optimizations, and financial results.
- Creative thinker able to identify and define problems, collect data, establish facts, evaluate options and draw valid conclusions to solve practical problems.
- Ability to interpret a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Must be a practical thinker.
- Understands IT requirements and functionality necessary for 340B business operations; possesses working knowledge of clinical electronic medical records and pharmacy systems and the data elements needed for 340B; understands data flows and functionality of 340B vendor solutions (split billing and contract pharmacy); Advanced computer skills, including advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office software, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (Access experience is a plus).
- Must also be able to use vendor-based Internet software and have previous experience with databases
- Effectively leads discussions and manages conflict within teams; guides team to define needs, requirements, assess options and make decisions, as needed.
- Has an understanding of pharmacy operations and purchasing processes.
- Serves as an advisor within the division on 340B regulatory requirements, processes, policies and procedures, and compliance.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Functions independently and as part of a team
- Works in a virtual environment with successful interactions
Why Join Our Team
For over 170 years, Ascension Wisconsin has been providing rewarding career opportunities at 20 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Nearly 20,000 Ascension Wisconsin associates currently serve in four locations throughout Wisconsin - Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare, Ministry Healthcare, Columbia St. Mary's, and Affinity Healthcare. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities, and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.