Data Analyst, Senior
Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 40,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will work with key stakeholders to understand their business needs, and then address those needs through technology, where possible. The focus of the position is on administering and continually improving key systems to make them as effective, useful, and user friendly as possible. These improvements can include simple configuration changes, customizations or coding to existing products, or the selection and deployment of new tools or systems. The role is accountable for ensuring that the systems deliver real time, accurate data to end users.
Key activities that will ensure client and project success include:
- Very good working knowledge of the business and technology.
- Collect, document, and maintain the authoritative list of requirements for all development efforts related to identified business systems
- Draft user stories, use cases, and test cases in support of development efforts;
- Monitor UAT efforts, including training UAT testers where necessary
- Troubleshoot systems issues, identify path for resolution, and ensure resolution occurs
- Alert to opportunities for product or process improvements.
- Proactively communicates the need for fixes or changes in an effort to keep small problems from becoming big problems.
- Gathers and analyzes information and uses it to identify workable solutions, or consults with secondary resources to devise solutions.
- Engage with IT and R&D as the business representative during system implementations
- Continually focuses on achieving positive, concrete results contributing to Blackbaud’s business success.
- Manage client interactions and prioritize tasks for multiple concurrent projects
- Investigates and acts to meet customers’ current and future needs.
- Demonstrates personal initiative and independent motivation to achieve goals and objectives
- Emerging ability to drive hard conversation to conclusion both internally and with clients, engaging others in active, open and productive dialogue.
- Ability to modify and shift behavior as situations or objectives evolve.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to influence across various channels and audiences
- Bachelor’s degree or 4-6 years of experience in a related field
- Preferably 3-5 years of experience in data migration, ETL development, or non-profit industry
- Versed in programming concepts, database design, and SQL; may be required to read/write pseudo-code
- Understands the system implementation process using Agile or waterfall methods – and is very analytical with problem-solving and conflict resolution.
- Knowledge of Blackbaud products and the non-profit industry are a plus
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks as well as a new cutting-edge new headquarters completed in 2018
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.