Data Analyst, Senior at Blackbaud
At Blackbaud, we’re here to help good take over. We lead uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, providing cloud software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to drive impact for social good. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, higher education institutions, K-12 schools, healthcare organizations, faith communities, arts and cultural organizations, foundations, companies, and the individual change agents who support them. With millions of users in 100+ countries, our vision is to power an Ecosystem of Good® that builds a better world. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them raise resources, deliver programs, manage operations, and understand their outcomes.
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will work with key stakeholders to understand their business needs, and then address those needs through technology, where possible. The focus of the position is on administering and continually improving key systems to make them as effective, useful, and user friendly as possible. These improvements can include simple configuration changes, customizations or coding to existing products, or the selection and deployment of new tools or systems. The role is accountable for ensuring that the systems deliver real time, accurate data to end users.
Key activities that will ensure client and project success include:
- Very good working knowledge of the business and technology.
- Collect, document, and maintain the authoritative list of requirements for all development efforts related to identified business systems
- Draft user stories, use cases, and test cases in support of development efforts;
- Monitor UAT efforts, including training UAT testers where necessary
- Troubleshoot systems issues, identify path for resolution, and ensure resolution occurs
- Alert to opportunities for product or process improvements.
- Proactively communicates the need for fixes or changes in an effort to keep small problems from becoming big problems.
- Gathers and analyzes information and uses it to identify workable solutions, or consults with secondary resources to devise solutions.
- Engage with IT and R&D as the business representative during system implementations
- Continually focuses on achieving positive, concrete results contributing to Blackbaud’s business success.
- Manage client interactions and prioritize tasks for multiple concurrent projects
- Investigates and acts to meet customers’ current and future needs.
- Demonstrates personal initiative and independent motivation to achieve goals and objectives
- Emerging ability to drive hard conversation to conclusion both internally and with clients, engaging others in active, open and productive dialogue.
- Ability to modify and shift behavior as situations or objectives evolve.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to influence across various channels and audiences
- Bachelor’s degree or 4-6 years of experience in a related field
- Preferably 3-5 years of experience in data migration, ETL development, or non-profit industry
- Versed in programming concepts, database design, and SQL; may be required to read/write pseudo-code
- Understands the system implementation process using Agile or waterfall methods – and is very analytical with problem-solving and conflict resolution.
- Knowledge of Blackbaud products and the non-profit industry are a plus
Why you'll want to come work here:
- Our benefits are unmatched. Not only do we offer competitive salaries, 4 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and 401K match, we also provide endless community involvement opportunities to encourage our employees to give back, through our CSR programs like gift matching and volunteer for vacation.
- Blackbaud has been named to Forbes America's Best Employers for Diversity 2019, Forbes America’s Best Midsize Employer 2019, and AnitaB.org's Top Companies for Women Technologists 2018, we are rapidly growing and offer incredible opportunity for career advancement!
- We understand that people thrive in a culture focused on teamwork and purpose. That's why Blackbaud offers a tremendous company culture, where we encourage open, collaborative working environments in all of our offices around the world.
- We have proven that we are one of the best technology companies to work for. Blackbaud has been ranked Best Technology Company in Charleston, SC for the fourth year in a row, and ranked by BuiltIn Austin as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX.
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.