HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
HomeAway is seeking a Data Analyst to support the development of HomeAway Risk and Guarantee Programs. As a member our Global Risk Management and Analytics team, the data analyst will play a key role in supporting our Guarantee Programs and initiatives, and will work closely with internal teams including risk, product and Customer Service. You will be able to effectively and quickly turn data into actionable information that drives business decisions and strategy. We are searching for a detail-oriented,self-directed standout colleague with experience working in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment.
What Will You Do?
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets;
- Prepare concise, compelling presentations of findings and recommendations for internal partners;
- Work on ad-hoc projects, Identify and analyze opportunities to drive efficiency in key business processes;
- Improve data quality, ensuring that metrics are meaningful and insightful;
- Use case management, customer happiness, and other KPIs, to conduct regular trend analysis and provide in-depth insight for risk management and key stakeholders;
- Identify trends targeting HomeAway Guarantee programs to mitigate risk and exposure;
- Contribute to reports for Executive Management and other key stakeholders;
- Contribute to innovative ideas; provide thought leadership to greater Risk Management team
Skills You’ll Use Every Single Day:
- Attention to detail and a dedication to data integrity;
- An interest in understanding the customer perspective and using data to drive better decision-making;
- Excellent problem solving and analytic skills to identify current and potential problems and recommend solutions;
- Proven ability to turn data analysis into actionable recommendations within a risk and operational environment;
- Good social skills and ability to work with all levels of management, across different organizations;
- Works well in a dynamic team environment with an appetite for challenge
- Degree in a Business/Statistics/technical field or related discipline preferred;
- 2+ years of experience in an analytical role, risk/customer experience preferred;
- Validated analytical skills to work through complex problems, manipulate and analyze large data sets, and produce actionable business insights;
- Proficiency in extracting and manipulating data using SQL, with a solid focus on data integrity and accuracy;
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, for data analysis and modeling
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.