As Duo’s advanced research team, Labs leverages its deep industry knowledge and innovation to protect customers and the public at large. Spanning security researchers, engineers and data scientists, we prototype new features and products, build internal tools, and extract insights from data.
Duo is on a mission to end the era of passwords and democratize advanced security technologies to protect everyone, not just the Fortune 500s. We're solving the biggest security challenges in the industry and want you to join us for the ride!
Within Duo Labs, our data science team uses machine learning and statistics to bring new product capabilities and analytical insights to our customers. Are you passionate about data analysis and solving hard security problems to help some of the world’s largest organizations? Do you want to be a part of a pragmatic and diverse data science team while collaborating with security experts in Duo’s industry-leading security department? If yes, then Duo’s data science team is the place for you.
What you’ll do…
As a data analyst, you will
- Conduct and publish research, such as the Trusted Access Report and the State of the Auth Report, using both data from Duo’s production systems and from other sources, such as surveys you will design.
- Analyze security data to develop, evaluate, and monitor machine learning features for Duo’s customers.
- Support ad hoc data analysis requests from across the organization, helping Duo maintain a superior customer experience.
Skills you have…
- Solid experience in curating, analyzing, and extracting meaning from data. You excel at recognizing and diagnosing data issues, and know what actions to take based on your findings.
- At least an intermediate knowledge of statistics, including topics such as experimental design, model selection, and hypothesis testing.
- Working knowledge of SQL and at least one data analysis environment (Python/pandas/sklearn, R, etc.).
- Prior experience in the information security domain.
- A penchant for working collaboratively within and across teams.
- The ability to clearly communicate your ideas to people without a background in statistics or machine learning.
- A BS or MS in a quantitative field such as statistics or computer science.
3 reasons why you should apply…
- The opportunity to formulate and investigate new security research questions, along with access to data and resources to conduct that research.
- A company culture of kindness, transparency, and learning. Employees love Duo.
- Potential to positively impact millions of users. Customers love Duo.
Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place.Our roots and values were forged in the Midwest. We believe in enabling and empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office. Collaboration is our standard operating practice, and we actively seek to reduce barriers to brilliance.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge — transforming the security industry as we know it. Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.