Data Analyst – Austin, TX
Let us introduce ourselves:
Founded in 1993, Amherst Holdings LLC is a privately owned financial services holdings company headquartered in Austin, TX. We provide a variety of products and services for institutional clients across the globe and pursue opportunities in the capital markets leveraging our deep expertise and proprietary market leading data analytics platform. We have developed cutting edge tools and methodologies that give us the competitive edge in our securities, loan origination, and asset management lines of business.
What we’re looking for, in a nutshell:
We are currently looking for a qualified candidate to assist the Data Engineering Team’s operational and analytical needs. The data analyst will work along side the data warehouse and engineering team to provide data related support, data investigation, research, data management and data reporting. The data analyst role will troubleshoot and investigate data anomalies and issues along with working directly with the data engineers to follow through and get the issues fixed. This person will also assist in building predictive systems to help catch issues before they arise and assist in building and support financial reporting. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in joining a lean, innovative group with the possibility of tremendous career development in data engineering and asset data management.
A little more about this role:
As our Data Analyst you will be instrumental in analyzing data discrepancies and data lineage in our asset acquisition life-cycle and assist with solving data problems. This is a brand new position at Amherst and will report to the Director, Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence.
- Perform extensive data validation/quality assurance analysis within large datasets
- Build proactive data validation automation to catch data integrity issues
- Ability to organize and lead meetings with business and operational data owners
- Coordinate and communicate between business users and the data warehouse organization, balancing requirements and resources to solve business problems
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and resolve data issues
- Ability to build tabular and/or visualization reports as needed
- Work closely with engineering and operations to document business processes
- Work independently and with team members to understand database structure and business processes
- Identify opportunities to improve data and business processes utilizing Python, R, or C#
- Help form data management and governence processes within the data engineering team
What you’ll need to have:
- BA or BS in statistics, math, computer science, physics or other technical related field; Master’s degree is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in technical data analysis, data science, or data warehousing with proven business analysis experience
- Experience writing TSQL, views, stored procedures, functions and triggers
- Experience with SQL Server
- Excellent presentation, writing, and Excel skills are a must
- Excellent communication skills
- Passionate about data and analyzing business needs
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern workspace with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!