Data Analyst at Social Solutions
We are empowering our clients with actionable analytics in order to positively impact peoples' lives. The insights we gain from our analyses guide our strategic path forward as we empower non-profit and public-sector organizations to build prescriptive paths forward for the people they serve. The Data & Analytics team proactively leads and collaborates to identify the most valuable problems to solve, constructs a Roadmap to delivery, and executes our plan. The Data Analyst should be a curious, hands-on teammate that will help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better internal and external products. Your primary focus will be in data curation, data analysis, converting analysis into appealing understandable visualizations, and communicating (data storytelling) these results clearly to business stakeholders and clients.
What You'll Do
- Aid in the development of data insights and analytics that continually improve with the collection of real-time program results from our product portfolio
- Work in an Agile environment with team members, delivering solutions quickly and continuously exploring ways to improve our results
- Actively seek out new potential problems to solve, building out our future Roadmap while simultaneously executing our present analyses
- Drive adoption of data and insights-driven business decision making processes
- Work closely with colleagues in Product, Operations, Sales, and Marketing to structure problems and understand the impact across various departments within the company
- Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Be a data wrangler - Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Executing ad-hoc analyses and presenting results in a clear manner to leadership team stakeholders
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in a quantitative field. If you can tell a story related to how you can leverage your educational background on a data science team, we are all ears
- 3-5 years of experience in developing business analytics solutions, focusing on requirements gathering and effective visualization of insights
- Experience in SQL and data visualization tools (Power BI, Tableau, plot.ly, etc.)
- Experience with Python for data analytics
- Nice to have – experience with Jupyter or Zeppelin notebooks
- Be a collaborative teammate, sharing knowledge and learning from others while working through complex problems
- Confidence, hustle, energy, and drive – accountability is key and the impact of your work is crucial to our success
- You are always ready for the next challenge, always one step ahead, looking for creative ways to improve upon processes
Why We're Awesome
Recently named one of Built In Austin's Best Places to Work for in Austin. At Social Solutions, we're mission focused and results oriented! We're a diverse team of innovators, creatives, and digital architects that come together to help organizations transform lives. Our clients affect countless lives every day. That's why we go above and beyond to provide tools to get the job done. We help non-profits get to the heart of their data so they can maximize their efforts to be more impactful. In essence, we help those that are changing the world.
What You'll Get
- Amazing coworkers
- Flexible PTO
- 100% employer paid benefits for employees
- 8 hours per quarter of paid volunteer time
- Company sponsored events and happy hours
- Career advancement opportunities and more!
To ensure candidate and employee health, Social Solutions is conducting the interview process remotely via Zoom for the foreseeable future. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
In order fulfill Social Solutions' mission to "help people transform lives," we seek to build teams that leverage diverse perspectives to create an innovative and welcoming environment.
To that end, we make employment decisions based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Social Solutions does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.