Data Analyst at Cloudflare
About the department
Cloudflare is looking to build and grow our data analytics/business intelligence team that will be responsible for building a large-scale enterprise modern data lake and EDW that combines massive petabyte scale traffic logs with data from various business systems supporting product, marketing, customer support, sales, finance etc. and enabling easier consumption of that data using tools to drive standard reporting, adhoc/exploratory analytics and advanced insights using data science models.
About the role
As part of this initiative, we are looking for a strong data analyst to come join Cloudflare and help us drive analytic insights and best practices at scale from the ground up. Success in this role comes from marrying a strong data background with acute product and business acumen to deliver highly strategic and compelling insights that accelerate our business growth and influence our product decisions within Cloudflare.
What we look for: Data analysis, Business Analysis, Storytelling, Strong Business & Product Acumen, Cross-functional Collaboration, Creative Problem Solving, AgileWhat you'll do
- Fundamental understanding of the data landscape i.e tooling, tech stack, source systems etc. and work closely with the Data Engineering team to improve the data collection and quality.
- Understand business/product strategy and high-level roadmap and align analysis efforts to enable them with data insights and help achieve their strategic goals.
- Audience focused presentation and storytelling skills focused on key takeaways and recommendations in a crisp and concise manner.
- Ability to define and spot macro and micro levels trends with statistical significance on a regular basis and understand key drivers driving those trends.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related experience required.
- 2+ years of data analyst experience with 1+ years of proven industry experience in a large scale environment (PBs scale, globally distributed teams).
- Proven results oriented analysis that helped support positive change in the business strategy.
- Strong experience in Python, R, SQL, Tableau, Google Analytics, Hive and BigQuery (or any other Big data/Cloud equivalent) etc.
- Capable of working closely with business including but not limited to, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and Product teams to ensure data initiatives are aligned with business needs and is of high quality.
- Experience with a fast-growing SaaS business based company is preferred.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
126.96.36.199: We released 188.8.131.52 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.