Data Analyst at FloSports
FloSports, a leader and innovator in digital sports media, is currently seeking a Data Analyst to join our fast-paced, impact-driven business intelligence team. This person will work across the entire organization to identify opportunities for performance growth and dive deep into analytics to help drive strategy and solve business problems. The ideal candidate will be super passionate about all things data! If you are obsessed with sourcing the best data, love to debate data models and methodologies, and relish connecting even the smallest data point to larger company goals, then we want to speak with you!
This is a full-time position.
- Contribute to organization-wide data reporting with regular and ad hoc analyses and data validations
- Create statistical models to solve business problems and drive insights about our customers
- Assist with ongoing collection, monitoring, and analysis of operations, finance, product, and marketing data
- Present analysis and recommend strategies across departments and FloSports as a whole
- Own critical analysis of KPIs, reconcile conflicts, and perform statistical analyses as necessary
- Be on the lookout for new ways to measure, evaluate, and explain data
- Work cross-functionally at all organization levels to expand data familiarity and reliance
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 4-year degree with significant coursework in Statistics, Business, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, or Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Excellent SQL skills, this will be tested
- Proficiency with a statistical modeling language (Python or R preferred)
- Experience with clustering, regression, and other statistical methods
- Staggering analytical reasoning and attention to detail
- Turning data into stories for non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated willingness to go to the wall for data integrity
- Comfort managing multiple ongoing projects of varying size and scope
- Familiarity with dashboarding tools such as Periscope or Tableau
- Knowledge of subscription service metrics
- Prior work in ETL and data cleaning
- Highly organized, self-motivated and adaptable to change
WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 2006, FloSports is a venture-backed OTT subscription video streaming service dedicated to sports, offering live and on-demand access to hundreds of thousands of competition events across 25+ sports in the US and abroad. FloSports’ vision is to finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. With a growing library of more than 300,000 hours of premium content including news, expert commentary, films, documentaries and more, FloSports has established itself as an innovator and leader in sports streaming. Finally, your sport has a home.
HOW WE DO IT:
We are the CEOs of our own work and are accountable for the tasks and responsibilities assigned to us. We take pride in creating the content that fans love. We row in the same direction and work together on our common vision. We build and strengthen our relationships through teamwork and respect. We embrace challenges, ask questions and are allowed to fail as long as we learn. We are passionate about building tribes and communities worth belonging to. We are innovative, curious, and have an appetite for making things better. Does this sound like you? Apply Today!
- Recognized as one of 2020’s Top Workplaces by the Austin-American Statesman
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- 401(K) company match
- Progressive parental leave policies
- Flexible paid vacation and work environment
- Free laundry service for all positions that require travel
- Bring your dog to work- everyday!
- Stocked snack bar, catered lunch and breakfast tacos every week
- Modern and collaborative office environment