The Role: We’re looking for the best data and analytical minds to help lead a variety of our biggest efforts. Real estate is the largest asset class in the world and we have the best data and visibility into that market. As a senior member of the Data Analytics team, not only will you be building sophisticated tools, insights, and models, but also you will be a strategic member of our decision making teams in product, marketing, valuation/pricing, special projects, and more. Therefore, we want the hands-on executors/do-ers/owners who also possess the strategic, business oriented mindset. As such, you will also serve as a mentor for the junior members on the team and provide guidance on their projects.
In our CRM Analytics Team, you will be responsible for driving consumer engagement and conversion, primarily through email, notifications and other channels. You should have expertise in digital consumer/search businesses, consumer funnel optimization and digital marketing strategy/optimization across all acquisition channels, but most importantly experience in CRM/engagement/lifecycle marketing to a consumer audience.
- Transform data into action by steering a cross-functional group of Data Analysts, Business Leaders, Product Managers, and Engineers on data visualization, quantitative analysis, and data modeling initiatives.
- Be the primary point of contact for the business stakeholders supported by your team: meeting with them, understanding their requirements, and using your analytical mindset to direct the implementation of solutions ranging from process improvements to dashboards.
- Own the development and execution of your team’s roadmap, including end-to-end project management
- Act as the analytic hub in support of marketing and product, driving growth through CRM / lifecycle and personalized marketing efforts.
- Develop our ability to understand, segment, engage, convert and otherwise optimize our consumers’ journey through personalized, lifecycle marketing.
- Partner with the CRM / Engagement Marketing organization to develop world-class CRM capabilities including optimization of email/notifications processes/metrics, personalized marketing communications and high-velocity testing
- Develop KPIs to drive high-level oversight of business initiatives and company health, and develop regular insights from the data
- Set up and run all ongoing email/notification optimization tests and measurement for all lift/incrementality tests in CRM, and develop all reporting for top KPIs and operational process metrics, ongoing monitoring, consumer segmentation and activation
- Manage all business-facing aspects of data infrastructure and contact databases, and drive next-gen development of technical capabilities, process management and data-driven business decisions
- Lead weekly/monthly cross-functional strategic business reviews aligning the organization toward strategic KPIs and objectives and tying top-line metrics to financial performance
- General responsibilities include decision support, business line strategy, infrastructure and process development, data and business-driven analytics and performance management of Realtor.com's consumer internet marketing efforts
- Graduate degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Engineering, Economics, Econometrics, Finance, Quantitative Marketing)
- 12+ years of experience (or Masters with 8+ years of experience) in a Data Scientist, Data Analyst, Data Engineer, Business Analyst or similar role using SQL and/or Python/R
- Experience as a “data generalist” highly preferred.
- The best candidates have some experience with data visualization; analytics/data engineering and data modeling; and statistical modeling and other quantitative analytical methods
- Next-level communication skills to understand and discover business pain points and build solutions SQL fluency with experience using a scripting language like Python or R. Strong Excel fundamentals a plus
- Experience building dashboards - you know the trade-offs and impacts of using one metric versus another
- Exceptional candidates will possess foundational data engineering skills (building ETL jobs, standing up data warehouses, choosing and implementing third-party analytics tools)
- Extensive expertise in CRM / lifecycle / engagement marketing optimization and testing
- Experience in testing data-driven concepts in marketing analytics related to incrementality/attribution, high-velocity testing
- Experience with Digital Marketing preferred, SEO/traffic and Product analytics a plus.
- Experience applying advanced analytic disciplines to financial, consumer audience/user experience, and product-level modeling, forecasting, marketing, etc.
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees who work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, over 85 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices in the U.S. and Canada with lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.