Data Architect at Aceable
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Aceable is looking for an experienced Data Architect to lead the technical development of the next generation of our data warehouse. You will be responsible for working with several internal customer teams to map their needs and working with the Business Intelligence and Engineering teams to design and implement scalable and automated data solutions.
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging, and convenient online courses available across all of your mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in the U.S. To date, Aceable touts more than 20 million students and counting. The team is proud of the hundred thousand plus students we're adding to the Aceable family per month. We're only getting started and we need your help to get us to our vision of millions of students per month.
Aceable was named winner of the Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Austin A-List for the Hottest Growing Startup in 2017 and awarded as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin for multiple years running by numerous entities, such as the Austin Business Journal, BuiltInAustin, and EqualOcean. We actively work to foster a creative, collaborative, and diverse culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
ABOUT THE ENGINEERING TEAM
We are a team that cares heavily about the quality of product and our student’s learning experience. The Data Engineering team comes from a variety of backgrounds, thrives on collaboration and respect, and pushes each other daily to do their best. We ask the same of any new hire and are always excited to see what creative ideas, viewpoints, and processes each new engineer brings to the table.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop the framework for analytics across the company: standardization of data collection, data automation, and data usage.
- Identify and implement technology investments in analytics tools, including business intelligence tools, ETL infrastructure, and unifying customer data across currently used tools and services.
- Collaborate with senior business, analytics and IT stakeholders in defining how Aceable creates additional value through the utilization of its data assets and analytics.
- Provide mentorship, training & guidance to members of your team, larger engineering team & our stakeholders.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 8+ years of hands-on experience with large-scale, distributed ETL/ELT pipelines, as well as data management, modeling, and storage.
- Experience working with large, compex & ambiguous datasets from many data sources and formats in order to parse them into clear and unified data models.
- Successful track record of creating reusable, scalable architectures to prepare data for downstream consumption.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: S3, EC2, RDS, Redshift, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including MySQL, MS SQL and MongoDb.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools & services: Airflow, FiveTran, etc.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas through strong technical writing and impactful visualization in a dynamic and diverse environment.
- Experience with data aggregation services, ex. Segment is a plus.
- Experience with Heroku is a plus.
- Prior work experience in the EdTech space is preferred.
- Experience with machine learning is a plus.
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2020
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Generous time off programs
- Flexible work schedule
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Company events & activities (Holiday events, happy hours, quarterly volunteering)
- Free parking spot downtown in our garage 24/7 or a monthly transportation stipend
- Education stipend ($500/year/employee)
- Roadside Assistance service
- NOTE: Our team is currently remote due to Covid-19 and we have some awesome virtual perks that come with it (trivia, karaoke, bingo, happy hours, lunch & learns, and more)
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.