Data Architect at Bright Health
Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
Our Data Platform team supports a wide range of operational and analytic data needs for the Bright Health Group Enterprise. The Data Architect will support data modeling and design engineering, data stewardship, as well as data governance. Activities include the creation and curation of normalized and enriched enterprise healthcare data models in the domains of membership, enrollment, provider, networks, claims, finance, clinical, and more.
- Design and develop data domains and models, data validation standards, enrichment definitions, and data governance policies for the Bright Health data platform and data lake.
- Partner with internal business partners in gathering business requirements and developing data engineering pipelines to meet business needs.
- Develop documentation and content for the enterprise data catalog, to support adoption and usage of the data content in the Bright Health data lake.
- Prepare presentation materials and formal documents for use with senior management to promote findings and drive discussions on data stewardship.
- Design and develop platform standards, common reference architecture and data governance policies, perform vendor/tool comparisons and present recommendations.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer or technology related field preferred, or equivalent work experience required.
- 8 (eight) or more years of relevant work experience
- Experience with Software Engineering preferred
- Experience working with RDMBS/Data Lake/Big Data technologies, including ability to discover, query, and analyze data
- Experience in data modeling in the healthcare domain a must
- comfortable with the operational/transactional live cycle of payer domain core data, preferably Medicare Advantage, Individual and family coverage ACA, and Medicaid line of business.
- Strong understanding of CMS standard reference code set, their applicability in respective healthcare domain to include pharmacy.
- Familiar with program such as HEDIS, risk, NCQA measures to facilitate needs around data enablement and delivery.
- Experience with data extract inbound/outbound (Claims, Membership Eligibility, Provider Roster, etc.) to provide support for current/future external vendor/partners in developing technical data dictionaries and to facilitate the liaison for an end-to-end solution.
- Familiar with mandates and compliance to support enterprise data governance initiative.
- Experience collaborating with data engineers, architects, data scientists and enterprise platform team in designing and deploying data product for analytics and data science
- Strategic thinker with ability to apply business mindset to data issues and initiatives, craft cross-business strategies and plans for multiple stakeholders
- Understand best practices for building Data Lake and analytical architectures on Spark, Hadoop, and public cloud infrastructure.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.