The Path Forward Returnship program at Cloudflare is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At Cloudflare we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!About the department
We are seeking a Data Center Selection Analyst returner to join the team as we work to improve the quality and unit cost and grow the size and number of our points of presence, and help us understand where on the map Cloudflare’s infrastructure needs to go next. Drawing on your previous experiences and learning from our team throughout the program, you will help us unlock efficiency within our vendor partner portfolio by understanding how to structure contracts to follow demand, keeping abreast of unique market dynamics and insights that help us negotiate, and managing vendor partner relationships to know where to invest and partner further with existing or new partners.
Who You Are:
- A relationship builder who can expertly explain complex issues to multiple stakeholders
- A team player who enjoy learning from and collaborating with others
- A great communicator with strong written and verbal skills
- A self-starter who feels a sense of ownership over your work
- Organized and enjoys the bustle of being busy with multiple projects at a given time
- Results-oriented and able to meet deadlines
- A problem-solver who is confident enough to say when you may need help/able to identify when you don’t know something
The Data Center Site Selection team is part of Cloudflare’s global Infrastructure (INF) team. The INF team grows and manages Cloudflare’s global data center/PoP footprint, enabling Cloudflare’s tremendous growth with compute, network, and data center infrastructure, utilizing an extensive range of global partner vendors.
What you get to do in this role:
- Learn the ins and outs of the team and its challenges over the course of the 16-week program
- With support from your team and managers, own deals end to end involving new and existing data center/colocation partners and sites to support Cloudflare’s infrastructure growth including planning, RFP, commercial negotiation and execution
- Help establish and conduct scheduled QBR and other vendor management activities with top category partners
- Work cross-functionally with data center operations teams, capacity planning, network strategy and security teams to understand requirements and project timelines
- Expert point of contact for internal business customers & external colocation partner vendors as needed
- Contribute information to annual data center budget for effective tracking and benchmarking of infrastructure costs
- Review colocation spend & invoices for management approval and work with AP team to ensure timely vendor partner payments
- 5+ years experience within a fast moving enterprise technology organisation or cloud services, software or colocation company
- Business fluent in Spanish required (Portuguese a plus)
- Demonstrated experience in commercial negotiation
- Experience living/working/conducting business in another country a plus
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
You Can Expect:
- Mentorship, training and support throughout the program
- The chance to build upon your previous skills and learn new things at a growing company
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.