Data Center Tech Lead – Level 3 at GoDaddy
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Location: St Louis
A Senior Data Center Technician will coordinate and direct operations for St Louis location. Solving the most sophisticated infrastructure issues, while training Level 1 and 2 Data Center Technicians in the roles responsibilities.
As a member of leadership, you will ensure that the day-to-day tasks have been appropriately prioritized to best meet Service Level Agreements with our business partners. With an in-depth understanding of all aspects of Data Center technology, you will lead and or direct Level 1 & 2 technicians in day to day task completion and resolution.
What you'll get to do...
- Perform advanced hardware/OS troubleshooting and maintenance for GoDaddy infrastructure, with focus on critical systems (storage, network, servers)
- Find creative ways to optimize capital and operating costs
- Formulate, affect, interpret, and implement policies and procedures
- Encouraged to improve current processes, and introduce automation with aim towards simplification and efficiency increases
- Develop and manage relationships with business partners and third-party vendors with a focus on quality and SLA compliance
- Responsible for planning and executing major projects with little to no direction from leadership
- Queue management (SLA and OLA management)
- Project management
- Automation development (Hardware, software, OS)
Your experience should include...
- Must have proven sophisticated expertise in two of the following areas:
- Systems administration (Linux and/or Windows Servers) ·
- Networking (DNS, DHCP) ·
- Programming / scripting (Java, Perl, Ruby, Python, and/or PHP) ·
- Intermediate / Sophisticated experience with the following IT hardware concepts:
- x86 Architecture
- System Administration:
- Boot Process
- Boot Loader
- File Systems
- Network device and protocol configuration
- Directory Structure
- Performance Troubleshooting
- Base Operating System Install
- Some experience with Python, Bash, Powershell or Java
- Core OS Services: SSH, Telnet, RDP, FTP, NFS, DNS, DHCP, LDAP
- Experience supporting large Enterprise customers in an operations environment
- Advanced experience running medium to large projects
- Must have demonstrated the ability to build and maintain business partner relationships.
- Work a flexible shift and participate in an on-call rotation
- Travel between Data Center sites
- Ability to kneel, crawl, reach above shoulder height and lift 50lbs repeatedly throughout shift on a daily basis.
- Walk/move about the data center facility for up to 85% of shift time.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
You might also have...
- Linux OS knowledge
- Windows OS knowledge
- Command line solving problems
- Programming knowledge
- Automation scripting
Tools we work with: (for Product SDE / SDET or CIO or CTO roles)
- CMDB / SMDB
- Office Suite
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at [email protected]
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.