RigUp is looking for an engineer to be part of our new data enablement organization. The ideal
candidate will be passionate about enabling an organization to become data-centric and
promoting a self-service culture. You will play a critical role in helping manage our reporting
platform that is used by both internal teams at RigUp as well as external customers and partners.
Your focus will be on the data consumption side and ensuring the organization has the right tools
to access, analyze, and make data-driven decisions. You also enjoy training and teaching others
how to improve their skills when it comes to using data tools.
The data enablement team is part of the data engineering organization, and you will be
partnering with data analysts and other engineers in developing and improving our data platform.
What you'll be doing:
- Administration of our reporting platform (Tableau) -- from provision access to end-users to
upgrading and configuring the application
- Ensure the system is up and running, data extracts are updating and SLAs are met
- Create content for external users -- develop reports and dashboards for our customers and
partners that summarize key metrics generated by RigUp’s applications
- Teach internal stakeholders on how to make the best use of the reporting application (Tips and
Tricks) thru office hours and/or organizing training sessions
- Develop and implement best practices on how content is developed, promoted and
- Constantly staying up-to-date and researching new features and solutions to adopt and
implement to improve end-user experience
What you should have:
- 5+ years of experience in a systems / reporting administrator role
- You have report development experience - preferably in Tableau
- You have experience working with databases / data warehouses and you are very
comfortable with SQL
- You have strong communication skills - particularly with a non-technical audience
- You have experience working with cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Big plus if you have experience with a scripting language (Python)
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k Program with 4% match
- Fully paid employee health insurance for employee
- Open office space in the heart of downtown Austin
RigUp, a digital platform bringing modern workforce and vendor management to underserved industries, is one of the fastest growing companies in Austin. Founded in 2014, RigUp initially focused on the energy industry – empowering contract workers in oil and gas, solar, and wind to take home more pay for the same work, with better insurance and benefit options. The RigUp solution has expanded into equipment and vendor management, as well as on-demand, app-based service fulfillment, bringing cost savings and operational efficiencies to energy companies across the United States. Recent expansion will bring the RigUp platform to additional, energy-adjacent industries that rely on contract labor.
As a world-class employer, RigUp is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!