As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
We are looking for an engineer to be part of our new data enablement organization. The ideal candidate will be passionate about enabling an organization to become data-centric and promoting a self-service culture. You will play a critical role in helping manage our reporting platform that is used by both internal teams at Workrise as well as external customers & partners. Your focus will be on the data consumption side and ensuring the organization has the right tools to access, analyze, and make data-driven decisions. You also enjoy training and teaching others how to improve their skills when it comes to using data tools.
What you’ll be doing:
- Consult with business users working with data across a variety of projects and subject matters
- Ensure enterprise systems are up and running, data extracts are updating & SLAs are met.
- Create content for external users -- develop reports and dashboards for our customers & partners that summarize key metrics generated by Workrise applications.
- Consult with internal stakeholders on how to make the best use of our tech stack
- Create and deliver standard guidance, education, training packages and communications material
- Develop and implement best practices on how content is developed, promoted and maintained.
- Constantly staying up-to-date and researching new features & solutions to adopt and implement to improve end-user experience.
- Work closely with the business and Analytics Engineering to deliver curated data models to our end users in the semantic layer
- Using APIs to automate tasks and processes throughout our tech stack
What you should have:
- 5+ years of experience in some form of analytics role
- You have report development experience - preferably in Tableau or Looker.
- You have experience working with databases / data warehouses and you are very comfortable with SQL.
- You have strong communication skills - particularly with a non-technical audience.
- You have experience working with cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- You have experience contributing to a enterprise wide data community and fostering a strong data culture across the business
- Big plus if you have experience building out and managing an enterprise data catalog.
- Big plus if you have experience with a scripting language (Python)
Our current data stack: Snowflake, Fivetran, DBT, Prefect, Tableau & GCP CloudMore than a job:
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the oil & gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. And while our commitment hasn’t changed, our business has. What started in oil & gas has grown to include construction, wind, solar, and defense. So we believe it’s time our company’s name reflects that evolution. We’re excited to announce that RigUp is now Workrise— a full-stack workforce provider, powered by technology specifically built for the diverse industries we serve.