Data Engineer @ Bungalo
Bungalo is looking for a Data Engineer to tackle complex business problems by collecting raw data and converting it into meaningful and actionable insights. You will work to build our data warehouse and pipelines and use BI tools to create reports and visualizations. You will collaborate with all departments to architect, implement, and ship high quality data products.
WHO WE ARE
Bungalo is a new venture from Amherst Residential that provides consumers with an all-in-one home buying experience, guiding them through every step of the process. We are building a consumer brand whose goal is to change the way homes are bought and sold. We are a startup with the resources and support of an established company.
Bungalo Engineering is doing some really cool stuff. We are building a modern backend on cloud infrastructure. The website and other internal tools are built with React.js, REST APIs, and document databases. Our iOS and Android apps will be the command center for customer’s home shopping experience. And finally, our data team will work to optimize every step of the Bungalo home buying and selling process.
We are a small, fast growing team and you’ll have the opportunity to help shape the culture and how we build software. We are looking for engineers that like to move fast and work with a sense of urgency. We take pride in our team and our work.
WHO YOU ARE
- Knowledgeable. You are a real pro and deeply understand web development and its ecosystem.
- Intellectually Curious. You are constantly learning and working to improve yourself.
- Entrepreneurial. You enjoy wearing many hats and hustling to get things done.
- Problem Solver. You are a critical thinker who brings solutions not problems.
- Hard Working. You aren’t afraid of a tough deadline.
- Scrappy & Fast. You like finding creative ways to quickly move projects forward.
- Good Communicator. You easily explain complex technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- Team Player. You put team success first and have a high degree of personal character.
- Accountable. You are willing to take ownership and you take pride in your work.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Collaborate directly with peers and business leaders to transform data into actionable insights
- Become a trusted adviser to Product, Marketing, Sales, and Finance to define and provide mission critical data
- Own the design of our overall data collection strategy, including technology, data pipelines, and visualizations.
- Develop logical data models and processes to transform, cleanse, and normalize raw data into high-quality data sets aligned with our analytical requirements.
- Maintain and expand ETL and reporting tools.
- Build a scalable data insight platform that makes every decision data driven.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- 2-4 years of experience as a data engineer, data analyst, software engineer, BI engineer, or related field.
- Expert in SQL, with ability to architect data warehouses and optimize query performance.
- Experience with a scripting language, preferably Python.
- A solid understanding of web fundamentals including HTTP and REST.
- Experience with ETL and orchestration tools like Spark, Kafka, Kinesis, and Airflow.
- Experience with cloud platforms and cloud data warehouses like Redshift, Big Query, or Snowflake.
- Experience with report design, visualization design, and BI tools such as Tableau, Looker, or Mode Analytics
- A solid understanding of statistics and experience with R or other statistical computing libraries is a plus
- Foundation in software engineering and computer science fundamentals, such as design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience with common software engineering tools and processes
- A proactive approach, flexibility, good communication, and fast learning.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible vacation days and paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life, EAP and 401K benefits
- Stellar colleagues with proven track records who will make you better
- Free lunch every day and breakfast 🌮’s on Thursdays!