At a Glance:
Data Engineers at Red Ventures drive business value by ingesting and structuring data for consumption by engineers, analysts, data scientists, partners, and internal products. You will join a team of highly skilled engineers who design, develop, and automate high-quality, scalable solutions across the entire data lifecycle, from raw data to powerful insights and analytics. We are using Spark as our universal framework for data transformation across our various platforms. If you want to join a team of collaborative, passionate, adept engineers that share your passion for building high-quality systems, this is the role for you.
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
Learn MoreWhat You'll Do:
- Building large scale, batch data pipelines with Airflow and Spark/Scala for the Higher Education data team, serving a large portfolio of sites including businesses like TheBestSchools.org, BestColleges.com, and NurseJournal.org
- Working with a cross-functional team of data scientists and analysts to understand and operationalize business opportunities leveraging our data
- Design scalable solutions across distributed systems utilizing cutting edge cloud and big data technologies
What We're Looking For:
- 5 years of experience in data engineering, software development, business intelligence, data science, or related fields with good exposure in distributed systems, distributed data processing frameworks, data warehouses, technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ELT design patterns
- 2 years of experience with distributed data processing (Hadoop, Spark), working with DataFrames/Datasets API and SparkSQL to query and perform data manipulation
- 2 years of experience with any cloud computing platforms, preferably AWS (Kinesis, S3, Lambda, ECS, Redshift)
- Understanding of software engineering best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management (GitHub), build processes (CI/CD), testing and operations
- Knowledge of Scala is preferred (Java and Python are also acceptable)
- Experience with Airflow (or a similar orchestration tool) is a plus
- Linux common working knowledge, including navigating through the file system, simple bash scripting, and using CLI tools is a plus
- 2 years of experience with SQL relational database (examples include Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL, Teradata) is a plus
- Experience in Spark Structured Streaming is a plus
- Experience with agile software processes is a plus
Who We Are:
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].