Data Engineer, MyMove at Red Ventures
Ever wonder what happens behind the scenes when you inform USPS of an upcoming move? MYMOVE team partners with USPS and other national partners to help you simplify your upcoming move. Come join the MYMOVE Data Engineering team to build a real time data lake pipeline in AWS and work with tools like Segment, Airflow and Databricks.
What You'll Be Doing:
We are looking to hire a Data Engineer that is responsible for building and supporting a cloud warehouse re architecture initiative, where you get to build the data lake from scratch. You will take responsibility for performing hands-on work required to convert existing data across various enterprise systems into a single warehouse platform that is a collection of robust, analytics and reporting ready datasets. The role will work in conjunction with analytics teammates to lay the data-foundations to understand the business context of data assets, and actively maintain and improve the team’s portfolio of value-add logic/code and data processes.
What We're Looking For:
- Experience with Spark, working in RDDs and DataFrames/Datasets API (with emphasis on DataFrames) to query and perform data manipulation
- Experience building large scale Spark applications, ideally with either Batch processing and/or Streaming processing
- Experience in SparkSQL (Broadcast Joins)
- Scala would be ideal but a solid knowledge of Java is also acceptable
- Knowledge on cloud computing platforms, we use AWS S3, Lambda and Redshift
- Has experience with ANSI SQL relational database (Redshift, Oracle, MySQL)
- Linux common working knowledge, including navigating through the file system and simple bash scripting
- General knowledge of distributed systems and distributed data processing frameworks
- Experience with Python and Airflow is a plus
- Knowledge about agile software processes
Who We Are:
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
At Red Ventures we believe that diversity makes us stronger - at work and in the world. Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].