Data Engineer, Red Digital (Remote Permanent, Sponsoring Candidates!) at Red Ventures
We are looking to hire a Data Engineer to join our Data team.
On the Red Digital Vertical, we’re working to build a best-in-class suite of tools for our clients to understand and optimize their marketing funnel from end to end. As a member of the Data Engineering team, you’ll work to scale data pipelines across many sources of data to eliminate manual workflows.
The role will work in conjunction with analytics teammates to lay the data-foundations to understand the business context of data assets, and actively maintain and improve the team's portfolio of value-add logic/code and data processes. Additionally, the role will work with various functional units to ensure solutions are successfully deployed, operationalized, and maintained.
If you do not meet all the requirements but feel you would be a great fit, we encourage you to please apply and outline how your experience fits!
What You'll Do:
- Working with a cross functional team of architects, engineers, analysts and scientists to understand business requirements
- Design and build data pipelines from dozens of sources to data warehouse using batch or incremental loading strategies utilizing cutting edge cloud technologies
- Conceptualizing and generating infrastructure that allows data to be accessed and analyzed effectively
- Documenting database design including data modeling, metadata and process flow for business integrations.
- Documenting technical ETL specifications for a data warehouse.
- Perform periodic code reviews and test plans to ensure data quality and integrity
What We Are Looking For:
- 3+ years of engineering experience in production environments in a language such as Python, Scala, Kotlin, or Go
- 3+ years of SQL experience in any flavor (Postgres, SQLServer, RDS, etc.)
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Eagerness to learn in a dynamic environment
- Excellent understanding of development processes and agile methodologies
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated and ability to learn quickly
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time with minimum supervision
- COVID-19 Update:
Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- 1+ year of Spark or Hadoop Ecosystem Experience
- 1+ year of Data Warehouse Experience (Redshift, BigQuery, or Snowflake)
- 1+ year of Data Modeling Experience
- 1+ year of experience working on AWS or a similar Cloud Environment
- 1+ year of experience working with Airflow or a similar orchestration tool
- Experience with Git and CI/CD processes
Who We Are:
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]