Data Engineer - Remote
Dealer Inspire is an automotive website platform provider located in Naperville, Illinois. We pride ourselves in having a fun, unconventional working environment and a great culture. While our team works extremely hard, we try to keep it a fun and creative work environment. At Dealer Inspire, we like to look at current problems and 'rethink' about solutions. We're flexible - we don't write requirements in stone, and things can change regularly. This means rethinking how the solutions work best.
Want to learn more about who we are? Check us out here!
Dealer Inspire is changing the way car dealerships do business through data. We are assembling a team of engineers and data scientists to help build the next generation distributed computing platform to support data driven analytics and predictive modeling.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join the team and play a critical role in the design and implementing of sophisticated data pipelines and real time analytics streams that serve as the foundation of our data science platform. Candidates should have the following qualifications
- 2-5 year experience as a data engineer designing and supporting data pipelines
- Experience with big data infrastructure to support data science on linux based systems
- Knowledge of the ETL process and patterns of real time data pipelines
- Experience with Apache Spark and Kafka
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Working knowledge of Python, Java, or Scala
- Ability to allocate work with cloud-based AWS resources
- Experience integrating with diverse APIs
- Able to work closely with data scientists on the data demand side
- Able to work closely with domain experts and data source owners on the data supply side
- An ability to build a data pipeline monitoring system with robust, scalable dashboards and alerts for 24/7 operations.
- College degree in a technical area (Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics or Statistics)
- Experience with Apache Kafka, Spark, Ignite and/or other big data tools like Redis and
- Working knowledge of MySQL
- An expert at all things Python, including Jupyter notebooks, Pandas, Conda, and/or Cython
- Experience with node.js and PHP
- Familiarity with common AWS services such as EC2, S3, EBS, Glacier, and RDS
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- Experience with big data tools, data pipelines, databases, cloud services, and Python
- Experience with Apache Kafka and Spark streaming
- Willingness to learn new technologies and a whatever-it-takes attitude towards building the best possible data science platform
- Looking to get into data science? This is a great gateway position.
- Enthusiasm and a “get it done” attitude!
Compensation based upon skill and previous experience. Motivated and talented individuals may advance quickly in our fast growing company.
- Health & Dental Insurance
- 100% match of your 401k contributions up to 3% of your gross income
- 10 days paid time off, 4 days of sick/safe leave and selected paid holidays
- PTO increase schedule based on length of employment
- Work time/Fun time bi-monthly team outings
- Coaching and career building
- Subsidized gym membership
- Subsidized internet access for your home