Drillinginfo- Who We Are
At Drillinginfo, our mission is to provide better, faster decision-making support to the oil and gas industry through our data intelligence and analytics products. We are building an agile development culture that delivers great products to a wide variety of customers. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and better products for our clients. We need an experienced engineer with a passion for software development, someone to be hands-on in designing, implementing, and delivering features for our flagship product.
- As a Data Engineer, a person will have the opportunity to shape the future of Drilling Info, Inc by building and maintaining business-critical customer-facing applications and helping deliver the next generation of Oil and Gas information retrieval and analytics.
- A Data Engineer will be responsible for creating and maintaining the pipelines to assemble different datasets, all this following an architecture defined by the company.
- A Data Engineer should write maintainable code, and work in a professional software engineering and teamwork environment (source control, shortened release cycles, continuous integration/deployment, documentation, agile development).
- A Data Engineer should have excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, should show initiative and a positive attitude.
Competitive Candidate Profile
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar
- 5+ years of experience building, maintaining and delivering data-based products
- Advanced Level with Programing Languages: Python
- Strong familiarity with database languages, SQL Server, SSIS
- Strong familiarity with version control systems: Git, SVN
- Strong familiarity with agile development
- Experience with developing object-oriented, enterprise-sized systems
- Desirable experience with Programing Languages: C#, .Net
- Desirable experience with: Airflow, AWS, Kafka, Docker
- Desirable experience with every layer of an Enterprise system (from Database to UX).