What we do:
Cision (formerly TrendKite) is a leading global provider of software and services to communications and marketing professionals. Our flagship product, the Cision Communications Cloud, is an industry-leading comms platform that delivers best-in-class earned media monitoring and analytics, a comprehensive media and influencer contact database, newswire distribution, business results attribution capabilities, and much more.
As a Data Engineer for the Earned Media Attribution Software Engineering team, you will work with business data and database systems that power our market leading solution, Impact. You will be working with data engineers, software engineers and quality engineers on high-scale data collection and processing systems to gain insights from web scale analytics data. The team will work in an iterative manner to consistently and frequently deliver high-quality, robust and scalable software solutions.
- Work on core data warehouse for attribution product
- Assist in designing platform iterations to accommodate rapid growth
- Work closely with QA, Architecture, and Product teams to help Cision deliver innovative software to our customers and industry partners
- Design and optimize database architecture including schemas, partitioning and aggregations
- Develop standards to ingest, enrich and aggregate large amounts of data while focusing on consistency and data quality
- Build and implement data integrations using ELT/ETL frameworks and APIs with industry partners
- 4+ Years proven professional experience in data engineering field such as architecture, data management, data warehousing or data quality
- Practical experience and understanding of designing, developing and maintaining a modern data warehouse in AWS
- Proven experience developing in Java or similar experience and interest in adopting Java
- Proven in experience in MPP and/or columnar databases, RedShift preferred
- Ability to understand key business needs and translate those needs into data solutions
- Ability to recommend and optimize for new higher performing multi-dimensional architectures for more efficient Business Intelligence performance
- Expertise with OLAP data modeling, concurrency, data structures, business intelligence tools such as MS Power BI/Tableau, data streaming platforms such as Apache Kafka
- Expertise creating RESTful APIs for use in data visualization applications
- Understanding of data privacy & data protection
- Experience with one or more of: high availability (HA) applications; distributed and redundant data storage and processing; service-oriented architecture and data mining
- Experience in agile software development or an iterative development environment
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery
Cision employs the brightest, most passionate folks in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join that group!
Cision's recent acquisitions of startups TrendKite and Falcon.io provided the company with additional innovative technology and a focus on user experience that sets the company's software apart from anything else in the comms industry. With these additional capabilities, the next generation Cision Communications Cloud platform delivers an improved user experience, more intelligent and interactive reporting, and better campaign execution for PR and comms teams.
By investing in our brand, our team, and our technology, we are leading a revolution in the PR and communications industry. We invest in our people through training and professional development and we empower them to grow their careers - because the most important measure of our success is yours.
Cision Ltd (NYSE: CISN) is a leading global provider of earned media software and services to public relations and marketing communications professionals. Cision software allows users to identify key influencers, craft and distribute strategic content, and measure meaningful impact. Cision has over 4,000 employees with offices in 22 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. For more information about its award-winning products and services, including the Cision Communications Cloud, visit www.cision.com and follow Cision on Twitter @Cision.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V, 41 CFR 60–1.4
Read Full Job Description