Data Engineer at Civitas Learning
- Collaborate directly with external customers to understand their student success goals, specify and design data solutions and commission products into production.
- Develop ETL transformations to map client data systems into our canonical data model.
- Collaborate with teams across Civitas to drive innovation and best practices in our data and data science platform.
- Up to 20% Travel to visit external clients for technical discovery and/or UAT/QA of data mappings.
- Design, Implement and Maintain Database Models.
- Build and operationalize data science models on AWS.
- Bachelor's degree plus 3 years experience designing, developing, testing, and implementing complex ETL solutions using enterprise ETL tools
- Expertise in writing complex database SQL queries with a focus on Postgres and Redshift.
- Strong understanding of ETL best practices.
- Proficient manipulating and processing text files with command line build tools and/or writing scripts to manipulate text files
- Experience with database design and function
- Expertise in working with technical and business teams to extract and document data integration/exchange requirements
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently and learn on the job as well as in a cross-functional team environment, collaborating with others and sharing tools, skills, and knowledge
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workload, and manage time effectively
- Solid problem-solving and analysis skills that demonstrate resourcefulness and attention to detail
- Strong customer service focus and a comfort with engaging with a customer via email, phone, and in person
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Writing SQL and using command line tools (preferably in a linux or linux like environment)
- Experience with at least one major RDBMS (preferably postGres, RedShift, or MySQL)
- Python/PHP or other programming language
- Version Control System (preferably Github)
- Experience with Higher Education Student Information Systems or Learning Management Systems (Ellucian Banner, Peoplesoft, Blackboard LMS, Canvas, etc.)
About Civitas Learning: