Our mission at Civitas Learning is to partner with forward-thinking colleges and universities, harnessing the power of insight and action analytics to help students learn well and finish strong. Data and predictive models are at our core to achieve this mission. Are you amazing at SQL and PHP? Curious about data transformation for data science? We are looking for a smart and dedicated data integration specialists to join our data engineering services team.
The Data Engineering role at Civitas Learning is critical to onboarding colleges and universities onto our cloud platform and making the process smoother, more flexible, and faster. We work with people who are passionate about our mission, enjoy working with customers, and are eager to use their technical skills. We work hard, but also like to have fun! If this sounds like you, keep reading.
- Collaborate directly with external customers to understand their student success goals, specify and design data solutions and commission products into production.
- Develop ETL transformations to map client data systems into our canonical data model.
- Collaborate with teams across Civitas to drive innovation and best practices in our data and data science platform.
- Up to 20% Travel to visit external clients for technical discovery and/or UAT/QA of data mappings.
- Design, Implement and Maintain Database Models.
- Build and operationalize data science models on AWS.
- Bachelor's degree plus 3 years experience designing, developing, testing, and implementing complex ETL solutions using enterprise ETL tools
- Expertise in writing complex database SQL queries with a focus on Postgres and Redshift.
- Strong understanding of ETL best practices.
- Proficient manipulating and processing text files with command line build tools and/or writing scripts to manipulate text files
- Experience with database design and function
- Expertise in working with technical and business teams to extract and document data integration/exchange requirements
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently and learn on the job as well as in a cross-functional team environment, collaborating with others and sharing tools, skills, and knowledge
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workload, and manage time effectively
- Solid problem-solving and analysis skills that demonstrate resourcefulness and attention to detail
- Strong customer service focus and a comfort with engaging with a customer via email, phone, and in person
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Must have experience in some of the following:
- Writing SQL and using command line tools (preferably in a linux or linux like environment)
- Experience with at least one major RDBMS (preferably postGres, RedShift, or MySQL)
- Python/PHP or other programming language
Preferred experience in the following:
- Version Control System (preferably Github)
- Experience with Higher Education Student Information Systems or Learning Management Systems (Ellucian Banner, Peoplesoft, Blackboard LMS, Canvas, etc.)
About Civitas Learning:
Civitas Learning helps colleges and universities harness the power of their student data to improve student success outcomes. We embed actionable intelligence in workflow tools so higher education can focus their student success strategies, deliver proactive care, inspire holistic advising, and quickly measure what’s working for whom. With our platform, software and services, our customers empower leaders, advisors, faculty, & students to measurably improve enrollment, persistence, and graduation outcomes.
Today, we work with 375 colleges and universities, serving nearly 8 million students. Together with our growing community of customers, we are making the most of the world’s learning data to help graduate a million more students per year by 2025. For more information, visit: www.civitaslearning.com.
Civitas Learning is located in the heart of downtown Austin, directly across from Lady Bird Lake and the Austin Hike and Bike Trail. Civitas offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, onsite paid parking, 401-K Program and a flexible paid time off policy. Civitas Learning is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.