Data Engineer at Enverus
Drillinginfo is now Enverus! Since our founding as a groundbreaking provider of oil & gas data, we have evolved our solutions to cover oil & gas analytics, trading & risk, and business automation for customers across the energy industry. Enverus represents this growth, while bringing us closer together as one team.Enverus delivers business-critical insights to the global energy industry through a state-of-the-art SaaS platform built on industry-leading data and energy analytics. Our solutions deliver value across the entire energy value chain, empowering customers to be more agile, efficient and competitive. The range of energy industry participants we serve includes exploration and production (E&P) companies and related businesses such as oilfield services, midstream, capital markets, power generators and utilities, energy traders, and downstream commercial & industrial energy consumers.
We are currently seeking a highly driven Data Engineer to join our Data Technology team in Austin, TX. This role offers the opportunity to join a rapidly growing company delivering industry-leading solutions to customers in the world’s most dynamic and fastest growing sector. Enverus is the right company at the right time.
As a Data Engineer, a person will have the opportunity to shape the future of Enverus by building and maintaining business-critical customer-facing applications and helping deliver the next generation of Oil and Gas information retrieval and analytics.
- Create and maintain the pipelines to assemble different datasets, all this following an architecture defined by the company.
- Write maintainable code and work in a professional software engineering and teamwork environment (source control, shortened release cycles, continuous integration/deployment, documentation, agile development).
- Possess excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, should show initiative and a positive attitude.
Competitive Candidate Profile
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar
- 5+ years of experience building, maintaining and delivering data-based products
- Advanced Level with Programing Languages: GO, Python
- Strong familiarity with database languages, SQL Server, SSIS
- Strong familiarity with version control systems: Git, SVN
- Strong familiarity with agile development
- Experience with developing object-oriented, enterprise-sized systems
- Desirable experience with Programing Languages: JAVA, Python
- Desirable experience with: Airflow, AWS, Kafka, Docker
- Desirable experience with every layer of an Enterprise system (from Database to UX).