Data Engineer at Dosh
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:33 p.m. (CST) on Monday, January 13, 2020
Dosh is revolutionizing the way the world does cash back. We are the fastest growing app that finds cash for consumers and helps businesses acquire and retain customers. Dosh subscribers (Doshers) get cash back for traveling, shopping, and dining out at thousands of merchants nationwide. Using breakthrough technology to eliminate wasted advertising spend, Dosh puts that money back into the pockets of consumers and businesses.
We’re a two-sided marketplace offering merchants/brands an online-to-offline performance based advertising solution through card-linked offers. For our Doshers, we are providing a completely frictionless way to get cash back. No cutting coupons. No scanning receipts. No hassle. Just cold, hard cash. Doshers can then transfer the cash directly into a bank account, PayPal, Venmo, or donate to a charity conveniently through our app! Our product is disrupting the trillion dollar advertising industry by connecting merchants directly with their consumers.
As a Data Engineer at Dosh, your role is to deliver the information your business partners need to grow the business. You will assist business teams in drawing insights from our data. You are someone who wants to see the impact of their work and make a difference every day. You know what it takes to deliver quality reporting and business intelligence solutions to the organization. You understand the value and benefit of solid data practices and how to translate that into satisfied business partners.
You are an experienced Software Engineer. You are skilled in extracting, transforming, and loading data. You are able to translate business requests into database or streaming data designs. You have experience working with relational and nosql databases for consumption by numerous consumer applications and business orgs.
You are someone who is passionate about data-driven approaches. You enjoy exploring large data sets and get excited about learning new technologies and learning in a collaborative environment. You are skilled at eliciting requirements from a wide range of different teams.
What you’ll bring:
- Experience leveraging SQL, Python, Scala, Matlab or other tools to manipulate data and set up automated processes as per business requirements
- Familiarity with analytical techniques and machine learning workflows
- Familiarity with financial data sets and use cases
- Strong familiarity with AWS
- Knowledge of Lambda architectures
- Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
- Experience with Big Data Technologies (S3, Kinesis, Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Pig, Spark, etc.)
- Experience leading large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects, including using AWS technologies – Redshift, S3, EC2, Data-pipeline and other big data technologies
- Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources
- Strong ability to interact, communicate, present and influence within multiple levels of the organization
- Track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
- Excellent communication skills to be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions and to build data sets that answer those questions
- The opportunity to join us on our mission to positively impact millions of people's lives financially
- A ground floor opportunity with the Dosh team
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- Fun, driven, innovative and supportive co-workers who will push you to be your best
- Competitive compensation and benefits
At Dosh, we celebrate and support all differences. Dosh is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability & veteran status.
Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. At this time, Dosh regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment visas or consider individuals on time-limited visa status for this position.
Read Full Job Description