Data Engineer at Shipwell
Shipwell is fundamentally changing the shipping and logistics industry by building a connected platform that provides solutions for your entire supply chain. We are streamlining the way shippers, 3PLs, and carriers have operated for decades using ground-breaking technology to provide automation and workflow solutions in an established industry that comprises over 5% GDP. Shipwell created the first truly connected digital supply chain platform that provides real-time connectivity, visibility, automation, and bullet-proof APIs. We are a Series B startup that is backed by world-class investors, such as First Round Capital, Fifth Wall, and Georgian Partners.
Shipwell is a fast-paced, high-energy start-up that strives to build the future of shipping every day. Diversity of thought and cross-department collaboration is very important to us. We deliver open, honest, careful communication and work as hard as we play. We create & deliver solutions that are revolutionizing the industry, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you are looking for a place that will help you tap into your best work-self and give you hands-on experience building something big, then we invite you to come and build the future of shipping with us!
What you’ll do when you get here:
- Provide insight into & develop database solutions to store and retrieve a wealth of data from the supply chain market, we currently collect more than 1B rows of vehicle location data/month
- Work with the data science team to architect the market data used with machine learning algorithms
- Define ETL processes for warehousing production data used to provide business analytics for our customers
- Keep team informed of developments and direction in data technologies
- Define security and backup procedures
- Develop database design and architecture documentation
What you need to have:
- Over 5 years of Data Architecture experience
- Experience with iPaaS technology like Informatica, MuleSoft, Dell Boomi, etc.
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles
- Experience gathering and analyzing system requirements
- Experience with both relational and non-relational databases
- Expert level understanding of ETL fundamentals and building efficient data pipelines
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
What is Preferred:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Experience educating and mentoring developers and engineers in various fields
What we offer:
- Career growth opportunities
- Friendly and inclusive company culture
- Team building events and office celebrations
- Competitive compensation with company stock options
- Company sponsored healthcare, dental, and vision insurance
- The kitchen is fully stocked with local coffee, drinks, and snacks
- An open work environment where everyone has a voice
- Subsidized gym, cell phone, learning and commuter reimbursements. Oh yeah, and entertainment reimbursement, we’ve got you covered!
- An exceptional team of passionate, bright, and inspirational coworkers