Data Engineer at Babylon
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:33 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, August 12, 2021
We are looking for a unique Data Engineer who will build, test and refine data pipelines for data analytics and business intelligence (BI). We are looking for a highly motivated data engineer that can help implement methods to improve data reliability and quality. You will combine raw information from different sources to create consistent and analytics ready data sets. You will work intimately with the analytics team and across multiple product and technical teams in order to help us build the first digital general practice that can support millions of patients.
- Build, test and refine data pipelines for data analytics and business intelligence (BI)
- Data modeling, process design and overall data pipeline architecture
- Ensure the data quality and consistency with monitoring support, and play an active role in establishing data governance around company KPIs
- Work closely with the business intelligence teams to design, build and test end-to-end solutions
- Work closely with the data science team to support processing data into a form suitable for machine learning models
- Champion SSDLC (secure software development lifecycle) within analytics and data science and lead by example in building self-service, well tested solutions
- Champion high engineering standards through comprehensive testing, code reviews, continuous integration and continuous deployment across the team
- Our technology stack includes Python, dbt, Airflow and a host of Google Cloud products that run on a range of technologies (GCP/AWS, Docker, GitHub, CircleCI & Jenkins)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Proven ability of looking at solutions unconventionally and explore opportunities and devise innovative solutions
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Experience gathering complex business requirements and identifying data needs
- Experience with design and development of relational databases and data warehouses
- Advanced level of proficiency in SQL development
- Knowledge and expertise with Python, Shell, Java Scripting
- ETL development experience with large-scale databases or big data systems such as Hive, BigQuery, AWS Redshift, Snowflake, etc.
- Experience using data transformation tools such as dbt
- Experience using data orchestration tools such as Apache Airflow or Apache Beam
- Experience with using a cloud platform provider (such as AWS/GCP) to develop tools and infrastructure
- Exposure to a BI reporting tool (such as Tableau, Looker or PowerBI) with an understanding of why they are an important part of the analytics stack
- Experience analyzing data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies
- Nice to have: experience working in a start-up
WHAT WE OFFER
Whether you work in one of our amazing offices or a distributed team, Babylon is highly collaborative and fun! You’ll have a chance to work in a fast-paced environment with experienced industry leaders. We have a learning environment where you can make an impact.
WHO WE ARE
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant. To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us. We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
DIVERSITY AT BABYLON
We believe that difference inspires a better, healthier world. That’s why it’s at the heart of everything we do. From our people to our products, difference enriches every part of our business and creates a culture based on equality of opportunity, and in which all Babylonians can progress their careers. We’re committed to creating an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, pregnancy status, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Read Full Job Description