Data Engineering Manager at SailPoint
- HQ in Austin, TX (Willing to consider US - Remote)
This role is responsible for managing a team of very experienced software engineers who are responsible for the technical development of the SailPoint product, writing quality code and debugging tough problems. To lead this team, we are looking to bring on an experienced and motivational manager who will be responsible for leading all aspects of the design and development of our software. A background in Agile software development environment is preferred.
• Day-to-day leadership of the Engineering team.
• Partnering with Product Management to ensure the team has a clear strategic direction and roadmap.
• Resource allocation for key projects.
• Coaching engineers to develop their full potential.
• Project planning – identifying, scoping, prioritizing, tracking and reporting deliverables and milestones.
• Managing risk and issues.
• Extensive background in Data Engineering
• Results focused with a track record of success working in an Agile environment.
• Experience building and managing a team of Software Engineers
• Good understanding of software development in Java
• Solid understanding of database architecture or concepts
• Knowledge of ML or bigdata - like: Redshift, Kafka, Cassandra, and Dynamodb
• Experience with any of the following: Data ingestion, pipelining, airflow, spark or flink.
• An exceptional mentor and leader with a passion for continuous improvement.
• Excellent organization and communication skills.
• Ability to pick up new technologies quickly.
• Pro-active, flexible and a people person.
This position is based in Austin, Texas
BA/BS or equivalent experience
Compensation and benefits
- Experience a Small-company Atmosphere with Big-company Benefits
- Competitive pay, 401(k) and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Recharge your batteries with a flexible vacation policy and paid holidays
- Grow with us with both technical and career growth opportunities
- Enjoy a healthy work-life balance with flexible hours, family-friendly company events and charitable work
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.