Data Informatics Analyst
Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 40,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
The Data Informatics Analyst will support several key initiatives within our Business Intelligence team & be a key member of the team driving data integration & analysis.
- Data Integration - Responsible for all of the activities necessary to acquire data from source systems, including data research, capture, transform, load, warehousing, etc. Provides direction and guidance to more junior team members on data integration best practices and policy
- Data Analysis and Design - Understand the business needs for data and information and use that understanding to design data solutions to support our stakeholders. Solutions should be designed to be adaptable, extensible, sustainable and accurate.
- Report and Dashboard Development - Develop reports for RDO stakeholders, leveraging appropriate automation tools (SSRS, Tableau, Qlik, etc) that bring actionable insight and delight the consumer. Demonstrates solid judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Provides support and guidance to more junior members of the team on report development standards and problem solving.
- Business Intelligence Maintenance and Support - Understand the breadth of systems and tools utilized and maintain and support them as needed. Monitor and maintain data warehouse and development servers, upgrade reporting software, answer questions and mentor team members
- Thought Leader - Teaches others the structure, purpose, dynamics of team effectiveness. Moves the team forward by encouraging it to take risks and experiment with new ideas. Develops creative yet workable solutions to difficult complex problems and encourages others to think similarly. Champions innovative opportunities for the Business Intelligence capabilities of the team and department.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent work experience
Experience in SSRS, SSIS, SQL, & Tableau preferred
Ability to promote teamwork to achieve group goals
Experience mentoring more junior teammates effectively
- Knowledge of Agile principles and experience on a scrum team is preferred but not required
- Ability to see both the big picture and understand the details needed for operational excellence
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical resources to accomplish goals
- BI Certifications preferred
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks as well as a new cutting-edge new headquarters completed in 2018
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.