Data Migration Engineer at Q2
Q2 is seeking a Data Migration Engineer that will join an existing data migration team that’s responsible for converting the client’s online banking data from their legacy system onto the Q2 platform. This is a technical implementation role that requires mid-sized application experience. The Data Migration Engineer will work closely with the Platform and Project Services Implementation teams to migrate our client’s data from their legacy online banking provider to Q2’s required data format. The preferred candidate will be an exceptionally detail-oriented, energetic, self-starter who can work independently and in a team setting. We are seeking an analytically minded individual passionate about data and one with a keen eye for detail! This role is working in one of the most visible departments at Q2 and you will have the opportunity for a lot of career growth and development.
- Construct Python frameworks to convert online banking data from flat files to relational databases based on specifications provided by business analysts.
- Troubleshoot and resolve client’s data migration issues of a complex nature.
- Thoroughly document and track production environment modifications.
- Escalate unresolved problems to the appropriate resources.
- Establish relationships with other partner teams that impact technical support including Implementation Teams, Data Center Operations, QA, and Development.
- Follow internal change control processes to implement any required production modifications.
- Contribute to a knowledge/FAQ database for supported software.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- 3 years of experience with Python and SQL scripting
- Excellent communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills required
- Keen attention to detail while keeping an eye toward the big picture
- Availability to work occasional weekends or late night / early morning is required
- Enterprise/mid-sized software delivery experience preferred
- Understanding of remote tools and networking required
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, tight timelines and demanding constraints
- Ability to work on multiple assignments, prioritize, and resolve issues in a timely manner within a high-pressure environment
- Innate desire to find the root cause of technical issues, while balancing business needs to identify, support, and solve customer needs
- Knowledge of banking practices is helpful