Data Migration Services Specialist at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2020 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Data Migration Services Specialist. In this role, you will make a difference every day by using your technical skills and knowledge of ecommerce platforms to help our merchants with critical and often complex data transfers. Our ideal candidate is highly motivated, self driven, and capable of working on multiple projects/tasks at once. This role requires both strong technical and strong communication skills to work with and through internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
What you will do
- Manage the inbound queue of Data Migration Cases in Salesforce, using your knowledge and experience to review and assign tasks to the appropriate party.
- Manage and create JIRA cases for Data Migration Scoping, working with our DMS Engineers to fulfill projects as needed.
- Act as a liaison to the Sales Team, interacting with them daily to answer DMS related questions, solve issues, and help drive and close sales.
- Participate in client-facing sales conversations, including scoping, negotiations on price and deliverables, and decisions regarding closing details.
- Handle all DMS client facing communications including welcome, hand off, weekly check ins, UAT review, and final sign off.
- Work with management to develop and improve process and workflow within the team and between BigCommerce teams.
- Work with the Implementation Project Management and Enterprise Account Management teams to ensure seamless integration with their implementation processes.
- Provide management visibility into the DMS pipeline via accurate reporting and status updates
- Assist with high severity requests or issue escalations as needed, and manage the escalation through resolution.
- Help build DMS process and contribute to special projects
- Conduct new hire training sessions for Data Migration Services
Who you are
- 2+ years related experience, ideally in the ecommerce industry, including:
- 1+ years Technical Support experience
- 1+ years experience with ecommerce platforms, SaaS, and self-hosted environments strongly preferred (direct technical experience with the BigCommerce Platform preferred)
- 1+ years working with BigCommerce API preferred
- 1+ years experience using Salesforce preferred
- JIRA and Confluence experience a plus
- Strong attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Familiarity with project management fundamentals a plus